My cat has been in the hospital for three days

bnjj

Jovi Junkie
O.G.
Apr 20, 2007
My poor baby is ill and has been in the hospital for three days now. They put her on an IV on Friday and drew some blood. As of yesterday they did not have the results of all the blood work back yet.

I'm hoping they will know what's wrong with her tomorrow and that it is not serious and that she can come home soon. :sad:

Thank you everyone for your support.

I'm pretty sure she will be coming home today though I still don't know what the diagnosis is - hopefully will know today.

Since Wednesday of last week she had been heaving like she was trying to bring up a hair ball but nothing would come up. At first I didn't think much of it and thought the hair ball would come up soon. At that point she was bringing up a little bit of food. On Thursday night she was still heaving but dry heaving and not bringing up any liquid or anything, which told me she was not eating or drinking. So, Friday morning first thing I took her to my animal hospital and she's been there ever since.

Oh no! So they haven't figured out what it is? Hopefully they'll figure it out soon. It is so scary when something is wrong with a pet! I hope she is ok and that she gets to come home to you today!

She's coming home today!!:yahoo:

Still don't know the diagnosis but will talk with the vet when I pick her up tonight.

Thanks everyone for your kind words.