My cat chewed on my Speedy!!!!

One of my cats did that too, not as bad but still there is a puncture hole... I would of KILLED my cats if they did that to mine though!! I'm so sorry... but honestly its not that noticeable and I bet as the patina gets darker on it, you won't see anything.

don't worry about it, I doubt anyone will notice. The puncture marks aren't too noticeable, and thats a good thing considering you posted large, hi-resolution photos. If you can get the handles changed for peace of mind then good luck, hopefully it won't be too much, or better yet, free as another member suggested might happen.:yes:

So sorry to hear that your cat attacked your bag!! It's hardly noticeable though!!

What is it with cats and LV. Mine seem to be able to sense when anything LV is out in the open. It seems to attract them better then snacks!!

don't worry about it, I doubt anyone will notice. The puncture marks aren't too noticeable, and thats a good thing considering you posted large, hi-resolution photos. If you can get the handles changed for peace of mind then good luck, hopefully it won't be too much, or better yet, free as another member suggested might happen.:yes:

My thoughts exactly.:tup:

Oh, it doesn't look very bad! I feel your pain though. I HATE it when stuff gets damaged! I would faint if I had a cat chewing on my Speedy...
I think if it gets darker patina you would notice it even less!

Btw, newcitylady, you're so lucky they didn't charge you for new handles! :wtf:

oh i'm sorry about your cats behavior. they seem to have such great taste though (mine does), always chewing, sleeping, or rubbing on our most cherished items.

after your handles darken, the chew marks will fade.

Agree with PPs who have mentioned that the patina will make it less noticeable. The damage isn't bad at all--could have been a ***LOT*** worse. The main thing is this: The vachetta is UNTREATED leather, which means it is pretty irresistable to animals (both dogs AND cats) because it's as close as our little domestic babies will get to chewing on actual unprocessed animal hides. So no matter how much your kitties (OR puppies!!!) love you, you have GOT to keep your LV in a safe place, preferably covered with the sleeper so that even if your babies find your LV the vachetta will be safe.

Don't be too mad at your kitty--this actually happens to a lot of people.