My Carly Troubles...

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So my first big coach purchase was a medium black sig. carly. I used it just about everyday for 3 or 4 months, I got it at Macys with the friends & family discount. Lately I've fallen out of love with her, the black sig. has faded a little and the bottom corners are fraying. I need you ladies to give me your opinion, should I keep her and just live with it, should I (could I?) take it into Coach even thought I brought it at Macys and see if they can fix the corners or should I sell her on ebay (idk if i'd even get that much for her)? Please help!:s

2. Definitely take it into Coach. A lot of members have had this problem, and I believe they had an exchange, no problem.

3. Take it into Coach for sure - margaritaxmix is right. :yes:

4. Girl, I just went through the SAME thing! My 3 month old large sig black carley was fraying at the bottom, the C's were unthreading. Definitely take it back because that is a manufacturer's defect and the repair center will send you a replacement bag. When I got my replacement I swapped it for the black leather Carly to avoid the same issue.

5. How awful!! I hope coach gets it sorted for you :flowers:

6. how did you manage to switch for a leather one? don't u need a receipt? did u tell them it was a replacement, but now you want to upgrade?

7. Well I paid the $100 difference for the leather Carly when I exchanged my replacement bag. I called Jax to make sure I could do this and they said yes. But I never did get asked to show them a receipt, even though I had one.

8. hmmm interesting.... something to keep in mind if i come across the same situation (that is, fraying, getting a replacement, then upgrading)

9. Thanks ladies

So to get it repaired do i just take it into a coach store and they send it out, do i need to give them anything other than the purse?

10. I just sent my 2nd Carly back for the same fraying on the bottom.....they waived the fee, so I guess in about 4-6 weeks i should receive a new one on my doorstep again! If it happens for a 3rd time, I will demand a different purse all together!

11. so do i just take the bag into a coach store, or is there like a form i should fill out? will i need the receipt or anything?

12. All you have to do is take it to a Coach store you can send it in yourself with a form you fill out from the Coach website, but I think it is easier just to go to a coach store. Good luck! I hope they send you a new one!