My Car Shoes purchase, anticipating Prada F/W 09 trend

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I just bought this lovely Car Shoes bag in the sales. I needed a neutral color and was considering the Car Shoes tote (similar in color) but the one I bought is more practical. There is a very similar one for sale on Raffaello Network, but I paid it less :yahoo:

Additional bonus: Prada is following the same trend for its F/W 09 collection. Check the new Prada bags at Saks: clay/grafite with gold hardware. Doesn't sound like a good coupling, but it looks good IRL... and I am actually anticipating a trend :P

Attached Files:

2. P.S. Of course, Prada owns the Car Shoes brand since 2001, so it is not coincidental ......

3. Congrats on your new bag! The car shoe bags are really nice.

4. Congrats, I l ove Miu miu prada and car shoe!

5. :nuts:^ REALLY!!!!! Man I didn't know that!!! Loving that bag...love Prada too!!! Thanx for the info!!!

6. Thanks guys!!! Not many people know about Car Shoes bags, which is a shame, because they are quite well made, in interesting colors (last season they had a gorgeous dark green which I regret not buying...), usually in large size (which is the only one I use) and come at half the price of a Prada. Here is a couple of paragraphs about the brand and two photos of the Milan store.... Certainly those Prada people know how to run their business [​IMG]

"Prada acquired control of Car Shoe in 2001, opening flagship stores in Milan and Capri in the next two years and introduced the line into over 200 major boutiques internationally. Spring-summer 2004 saw the launch of its first bag collections. Under Prada's control, Car Shoe has enjoyed excellent sales growth. Its 2005 turnover of 17 million euros ($21 million) represented a remarkable 180% surge in sales from 6 million euros ($7.5 million) in 2004."

Attached Files:

7. I love your bag! Congratulations!!

I have a Car Shoe bag that I bought about 6-7 years ago that I still use and love. Mine is a big tote bag and is made with beautiful leather.

8. Wow! I've never heard about this brand, but I LOVE it!

Does anyone know which stores in U.S. carry this brand?

9. That is a very nice bag! Loving the color too!

10. In previous seasons, some Neiman Marcus stores had Car Shoe, not sure if they still have the line.
    Currently, some Nordstroms have them.
    For both stores, only certain locations may carry Car Shoe. Try contacting the ones in a larger market or flagships.
    I remember calling around some NMs before and the SAs would not know what I was talking about. They kept thinking I was talking about shoes or were confused. You can also refer to the line as "The Original Car Shoe", stating they are handbags.

11. Congrats on the Car Shoe bag! Great sale buy!
    I would really like to go to a Car Shoe store. Unfortunately, the selection here is very slim and sometimes hard to find. :tdown: It's nice to have something which is rare or makes people wonder. :biggrin:

12. Thank you!!! I also like it when there aren't too many bags exactly like mine around. I mean; a few similar are a tribute to my good taste, too many is copycat personalities :graucho: