My Campeggio falling apart! Boo!

tenmosquito

complete bagaholic...
Sep 18, 2006
I have a Tutti Campeggio that I got in October that I use while I collect others. Today I came home and I realized that one of the "buttons" that connects to the vachetta fell off!

I read on the Lesportsac website that they don't repair Tokidoki's I am so bummed! Now I have this dangling vachetta in front of my lovely Tokidoki :crybaby:

Why can't they have spare parts for repair? Why? Boo!

Sorry I just had to rant! Thanks for listening to me!

Attachments

• DSC00168.JPG
    DSC00168.JPG
    168 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC00169.JPG
    DSC00169.JPG
    175.3 KB · Views: 120
See if you can buy a fake bag with that part. I don't usually advocate the purchase of fakes but in your case forking out >$75 to buy the cheapest TOki on ebay just for a nanastar screw is just way over the top

OMG that scares me!! I've never had a rivet pop off before but after seeing those pics I'm frightened of the happening to me!

I heard that rivets used to pop off the OP bags but I've never heard of anyone's rivets popping off newer bags.

I also do not advocate fakes but it seems like that's the only wy you're gonna be able to get a nana star rivet. Oh ... maybe not ... some people who have had rivets pop off said that you can bring your bag to like a shoe repair shop or a tailor and they can pop a regular/plain rivet into your bag. I had won a bag off ebay once where the bag came with a replaced rivet. So yah if you do that, you won't have to resort to buying a fake for a rivet and it'll prolly be cheaper anyway to get a regular rivet placed on the bag.

whew! that was a lot of typing!

I am rather disappointed actually, since I have always assumed that Lesportsac is known to be durable.

I am rather paranoid about using my tokidokis now fearing that more rivets will fall off...

But I must thank you all for the suggestions! I am going to see if I can get a replacement rivet somehow - even if it is a plain one..
I wonder if the Lesportsac outlets might have rivets that fell out of the older bags that they keep...

Seems unlikely - but worth a try...

sometimes i question the durability of these bags. the stitching is coming apart on my campeggio. some of the rivets on mine seem quite loose too. most of them are sturdy and don't spin around, but others do. for what i paid i would've expected better quality. good luck fixing your bag!

:Push: That sucks!!!
I hardly use my tokies anymore, but I can definitely feel your pain...
This is a $160 bag for crying out loud! :hysteric:
I would take it to a shoe/ purse place and ask if they can attempt to save that baby :sad:

Good luck :tup:

Hopefully they will help you out, lady :yes:

the same happened to my trasporto campeggio. i have emailed both lesportsac and tokidoki.it but they can't help. if you come across any replacement of rivets or how to repair it, please let us know.

Nope Lesportsac bags are not durable, nothing wrong with that because they make bags as 'throwaway' bags, where you use a few times then when it gets out of fashion you either toss it or give it away to charity. Maybe less obvious on Toki bags but the mainstream LSS bags have more problems (zipper jamming, fabric tears, colors bleeding on prints are the most common issues), I used to work in a store that sold LSS bags that's how I knew.

I feel your pain!
My l'amores are a mess. The bambinone's inner fabric gets stuck in the zipper and tears, the zipper pull tag came off and my buon viaggio's zipper head came right off one morning.
For expensive bags, I hate to say, i really question the quality.

If you think LSS Toki bags have poor workmanship you will be surprised to hear that the very 1st batch of Tokidoki T-shirts were recalled internationally because of a design flaw in the print. They peeled off after 1-2 washings. This happened way before many of you became Toki fans, at about the time the OP was released. These shirts were not cheap either, about 1.5 times the price of those being sold today.

If Toki bags were built to last, be prepared to pay LV prices :P

If you think LSS Toki bags have poor workmanship you will be surprised to hear that the very 1st batch of Tokidoki T-shirts were recalled internationally because of a design flaw in the print. They peeled off after 1-2 washings.

my light grey fantasmino is very faded after 2 or 3 washes. it looks much worse than my other tees i've had for longer. i washed it inside out in cold water in a mesh wash bag and hang dried it too! very disappointed.