My call center job ended my contract.

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
I go into work for my normal part-time shift and about an hour into it, I was called into the lunch room.

The team leaders told us that because there wasn't as many calls coming in as expected, they had to end our contracts. Nothing personal, blah, blah, blah.

It sucks, but remember this one?

http://forum.purseblog.com/general-discussion/my-job-ended-my-contract-237933.html

They sent me a letter saying their office will open mid-May.

I did say, "Thanks but no thanks, I'm working here."

Tonight, I called them and left them messages essentially saying, "here's the thing . . . . my job ended my contract, and if you'll still have me I'd like to come with you."

I'll be okay for money for a while, and it's comforting to know that I have this.

The really comforting thing is, if Cornerstone accepts me back, then I just have to wait until mid-May when the new office opens.

...and that's just a few weeks away! Fantastic, caitlin, never burning any bridges...

I'm sorry about the contract term...that blows. I guess you can take comfort in knowing it wasn't anything to do with you; rather it was a lack of good call volume forecasting or planning or budgeting...

Hugs!!

sorry caitlin, that sucks! :hugs: hopefully you can still have that other job! :tup:

today i had to sign a paper if i dont up my credit apps in the next 2 months i wont be able to work at my crappy job anymore...

The really comforting thing is, if Cornerstone accepts me back, then I just have to wait until mid-May when the new office opens.
You can always get a temporary job between now and May. Have you contacted any temp agencies? Good luck to you. You've had a string of bad luck with jobs! You deserve one that sticks.

Sorry to hear Caitlin, sending my support your way! If there's anything I've realized over the years, it's that oftentimes something better comes as a result of a layoff. Keep your chin up, you'll find something better!

That's not good to hear Caitlin - I hate feeling unsettled between jobs, esp. when studying. I quit my job to go back to uni just recently but was lucky enough to secure a part time job to tide me over before I finished full time work.

I hope you hear back from the other people about that job soon - stay positive!!