My BV Mini Messenger shipped to me like this???

JazzyMac

Jazzy says, "buy the bag".
O.G.
Aug 22, 2013
I was so excited to be getting a new BV Mini Messenger! I also found it in the color I wanted--so super plus. Thanks so much for those whom helped me; I ended up going with Barneys in Beverly Hills since a lot of times I have layovers in Los Angeles; so i felt connected to the store more than online. Anyway...

With excitement, I tore open the box, only to find the bag haphazardly thrown in the box with a bit of packing paper, but not really. The bag didn't appear to have suffered from the lack of care in packing, but I still was disappointed in that. The chain (removable) was still attached and both were inside the dust bag. Even though the chain isn't rough, it still could have done some damage to the bag. And since it's removable, why was it just not tucked inside??

The bag itself. Oh me, oh my; was it a return? did someone sit on it? It didn't even smell new. And worse was the inner flap leather. Wrinkled and worn. Very unsatisfactory--and a huge disappointment since I know there aren't that many left around.

O_o

Of course I didn't get a chance to ring Barneys until this evening, and they are already closed, but maybe that's a good thing. I don't think I'm as disappointed in the bag looking "off", but more that the sales rep actually mailed this out to me like this. I didn't even get the cards that come with these bags, and the receipt was all crumpled in and stuffed inside the bag. Had I not been careful, the zipper could have snagged the receipt; that's how crappy it was.

I've received bags and SLGs that didn't have the "special wrapping", and that's okay. But for this to leave any store? Noooo.:no-good:

Tell me what you think? Will it end up looking like this after a couple uses, so just don't worry about it? Did anyone else not get the cards?

Attachments

• IMG_3234.JPG
    IMG_3234.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 706
  • IMG_3235.JPG
    IMG_3235.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 705
Last edited:
I just got mine Brand New and it certainly do not look like yours. I understand your feelings as I would also feel the same if I received mine in your case.

Are you really only in love with this colour as this seasons Ardoise/Grey is really nice too. If you are open with other colours, I will advise to do an exchange.

I will not accept a Brand New in such condition as it does look used/returned/displayed IMHO.
The chain should be wrapped in tissue and kept in the upside-down compartment.
The cards will be in the zip compartment with card slots and slot in nicely.

But if you are so in love with the colour that you can't let it go. Then ask for some discount. I bought from US departments store before, I think it was Saks and they do a discount on my Chanel flap years ago for some small areas which I was dissatisfied with.

Yes I do feel with usage overtime, the bag will become like this somehow or rather. :smile:
So even with a total brand new one, it will one day become like the picture you posted.

Yes, I agreed with you also on the way the SA pack this shipment is really "just doing my job" packing rather than doing the correct proper packaging. Unacceptable for a well-known department store like Barneys. Not expecting a "babying packing" job, but at least be professional right with the use of bubble wrap etc etc. Hope you are feeling better now.

Wish everything go well with your decisions.

That's ridiculous. Call them tomorrow and tell them to send you a new one. I would raise a stink. Having previously worked in retail, I have no tolerance for shoddy customer service for anything, much less a luxury item.

I just got mine Brand New and it certainly do not look like yours. I understand your feelings as I would also feel the same if I received mine in your case.

Are you really only in love with this colour as this seasons Ardoise/Grey is really nice too. If you are open with other colours, I will advise to do an exchange.

I will not accept a Brand New in such condition as it does look used/returned/displayed IMHO.
The chain should be wrapped in tissue and kept in the upside-down compartment.
The cards will be in the zip compartment with card slots and slot in nicely.

But if you are so in love with the colour that you can't let it go. Then ask for some discount. I bought from US departments store before, I think it was Saks and they do a discount on my Chanel flap years ago for some small areas which I was dissatisfied with.

Yes I do feel with usage overtime, the bag will become like this somehow or rather. :smile:
So even with a total brand new one, it will one day become like the picture you posted.

Yes, I agreed with you also on the way the SA pack this shipment is really "just doing my job" packing rather than doing the correct proper packaging. Unacceptable for a well-known department store like Barneys. Not expecting a "babying packing" job, but at least be professional right with the use of bubble wrap etc etc. Hope you are feeling better now.

Wish everything go well with your decisions.

Thanks so much for your response! Yes, I am in love with the color and I know it's a seasonal one, so I need to hop on it. Your bag is perfect and I love how it changes colors in the light! Maybe I will check it out. However, I will ask for either a new bag in the same color or a discount. I plan for this bag to be my every day, going out, breakfast, dinner, travel pack in the airport, short trips where I don't want to look slummy, but don't want to dress glamorous either...everything. So I expect the bag to look used after a while...but after I'VE used it; not anyone else. And if so, definitely not for this price--half a new WOC!! :biggrin:

That's ridiculous. Call them tomorrow and tell them to send you a new one. I would raise a stink. Having previously worked in retail, I have no tolerance for shoddy customer service for anything, much less a luxury item.

Thank you! I've also worked retail before and I understand the strife representatives get. So I will be nice about it, but once we've talked, I hope they understand how unacceptable it is.

GRRRRR....now I'm getting upset again. I take really nice care of my bags!!. I have a Coach bag, purchased from the outlet last year. I've worn it almost every other day, including packing in suitcases, and going anywhere from the city to walks in the park. Yet it doesn't have the wrinkles this supposedly brand new bag does. Yeesh.

I own the same bag and bought it preloved from a fellow PFer. She took special care to wrap everything nicely and even included cushioning to ensure bag was not damaged during transit. The bag was in pristine condition and to this day, I am grateful to her for allowing me a chance to own it.

For me, as much as I love the color and even though the color is seasonal, I feel you deserve a new bag and properly packed. It is totally unacceptable, imho. Hope things work out for you.

I'm sorry the packaging ruined it for you. I know how hard you tried looking for this one. Mine was neatly packed, chains inside the zipped bottom. Cards inserted inside. The squished wrinkled part may be naturally due to the leather (although mine wasn't wrinkled there). Call them up first thing tomorrow and demand that they do it right. *hugs*

I agree that you should call and speak with someone in customer services. First, I'd find out the name of the store president. If you can't work this out, tell the rep that you will be contacting the president (use his/her name) regarding this issue. If you do need to do that, send a letter, not an email. It will be resolved satisfactorily. But I would call when I was calm and composed. The person you are speaking to will not have been the one who did the sloppy job on packing. It may end up being resolved with a simple phone call. And record the name of anyone you speak to from the store, in case you end up needing to send that letter.

Just checked and I think the current CEO is Mark Lee. Better check and confirm it. I took it off a 2013 interview. I'd still approach the store pres but I didn't stumble on his name.

Last edited:
On I am sorry. That is unacceptable. I had something shipped from uk from barneys, a hugely expensive the row bag and it was in awful condition. I called and they were extremely apologetic and I got a full refund. When I hear it happens again it makes me think they are being careless. It's not fair on customers like you. Please let us know what they say.

I agree that you should call and speak with someone in customer services. First, I'd find out the name of the store president. If you can't work this out, tell the rep that you will be contacting the president (use his/her name) regarding this issue. If you do need to do that, send a letter, not an email. It will be resolved satisfactorily. But I would call when I was calm and composed. The person you are speaking to will not have been the one who did the sloppy job on packing. It may end up being resolved with a simple phone call. And record the name of anyone you speak to from the store, in case you end up needing to send that letter.

Just checked and I think the current CEO is Mark Lee. Better check and confirm it. I took it off a 2013 interview. I'd still approach the store pres but I didn't stumble on his name.

Wow diane278! Thank you so much for that information!!!

So I gave a call to Barneys about this situation. I would love to say I spoke to a manager on the first ring, they apologized profusely, credited me back some of the price and put some makeup samples in the mail for my troubles. I would love to say that, but I won't.

I called twice, and both times spent a total of 16 minutes being transferred (phone records show this). My third phone call hit jackpot, and I spoke to the manager who took my information and said he would get to the bottom of it. I will see what happens.

I'm no longer upset (of course a few naps cures this). :P However, I will push to make sure Barney's is aware of this problem and it will be resolved to my satisfaction.

So I gave a call to Barneys about this situation. I would love to say I spoke to a manager on the first ring, they apologized profusely, credited me back some of the price and put some makeup samples in the mail for my troubles. I would love to say that, but I won't.

I called twice, and both times spent a total of 16 minutes being transferred (phone records show this). My third phone call hit jackpot, and I spoke to the manager who took my information and said he would get to the bottom of it. I will see what happens.

I'm no longer upset (of course a few naps cures this). :P However, I will push to make sure Barney's is aware of this problem and it will be resolved to my satisfaction.

Great to hear you've gotten a positive response and hope it won't ever happen again to you.

i wouldn't worry- i had a similar experience at neiman marcus with a Chanel bag and there was no problem. i didn't get tons of apologies but i did get a perfect bag with no additional hassle. these things shouldn't happen but sometimes they do.
enjoy your bag.