My budding collection

OsloChic

O.G.
Jul 15, 2013
Hi everyone!

I thought I'd show you all what's hiding in my closet, I appreciate you stopping by and would love comments from you all :smile:

I've always been fascinated by beautiful leather handbags. I think it started because I used to ride horses when I was a kid, and the smell of leather probably got me hooked back then. I used to love taking the time to care for my saddle and other equipment and I think that is what's transferred to my bag addiction.

I am currently a college student and I've been living in tiny apartments for the last year so quality over quantity is my mantra. Also I hate to have a closet full of things/cheap crap I don't ever use.

As a student money is obviously also an issue, but I've taken up saving for particular items and realized that I'm lucky not to have that many big expenses either(mortgage, children, car, you know).

So I'll start from the beginning, hope you will enjoy my collection :smile:

The first designer item I got was this Miu Miu wallet.

I got it at Harrods in London on vacation with a friend(who thought I was crazy to spend that much). That store was so beautiful and I really wanted to buy something special there and I'm so glad I went for this classic piece!

This was 3-4 years ago and it's still the wallet I use every day. There is some wear on the edges but since it's black it doesn't really show.

I love the Metalasse (?) leather and I think it looks best on Miu Mius wallets and clutches personally. I find the bags gorgeous too but a bit massive for me :smile:

Attachments

• 1407001923733.jpg
    1407001923733.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 665
On that same London trip I got this leather clutch as well. It's not a designer piece though, but it's a great looking leather bag in my opinion :smile: I found it in Topshop.

I don't wear it that much, clutches aren't all that practical are they? But it also has a strap making it more usable.

I also love grey for some reason, so I'm keeping it for now :smile: Hopefully I'll remember to wear it more after this post!

Attachments

• 1407002802484.jpg
    1407002802484.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 667
Three years ago I got my first designer bag! An Alexander Wang Kirsten satchel. Alexander Wang was hardly available in Norway at that time which I found pretty cool too. I saw the bag at the Shopbop sale and since I'd been eyeing it for a while I just couldn't resist :smile:

It's another grey bag(I do realize that) but I just love the relaxed look of this bag.

After a while the suede did show some serious wear, for instance I didn't know how careful I had to be around jeans, but since the bag has the look that it does I'm not that bothered by it :smile:

I do wear this bag a lot, it's quite roomy and fits my style well (I keep it away from jeans now though!). It's not as popular as the Rocco etc but I still think it's quintessentially Wang and I love it :smile:

1407005568556.jpg

Next up is a bag that I truly love. It's so handy and practical(not to mention super chic) and I wear it way more than I thought I would when I got it! Always a great surprise :smile:

As you can see it's a black Mulberry Lily, the regular size. I love the gold HW on the small bag.

I think I wear it so much because it fits my wallet, phone, keys and a bit more like a small umbrella/tiny water bottle or sunscreen :smile:

I think Mulberry has so many great colors and I've been considering a hot pink one... But then I think I should get a different bag if I go for a colorpop one. Thoughts?

Oh, and price wise I also think the Lily is pretty great :smile:

Sorry about the not so light pic!

Attachments

• 1407006566227.jpg
    1407006566227.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 657
Last edited:
Next up I felt like I needed a bigger bag to haul all my books around, haha.

I landed on the Philip Lim Pashli satchel. I had such a hard time picking a color though... Kinda wanted green, blue and nearly got a pink one! I have a thing for pink...

In the end I'm glad I ended up with the eggplant/burgundy(can't remember the exact name) color.

I love the look of the Pashli. So classy and structured. Quite different from the AW bag, but I feel like they both work well with my style of dressing :smile:

This is the first version of this bag I think, so it's very large and doesn't have a shoulder strap. Obviously it's too big to be worn over the shoulder but still, my only complaint/fault of my own is that when full this bag is very heavy to carry. Also the HW got scratches pretty quickly, not sure if this was due to careless use but I don't think so.

Attachments

• 1407007674309.jpg
    1407007674309.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 658
Last edited:
This bag, or actually pouch, I had to get after someone stole my phone out of my Lily in the club :P

It's an Acne wristlet and it's super handy.

Ended up with black AGAIN but isn't it chic?

No one's stolen anything out of this one!

Attachments

• 1407007876275.jpg
    1407007876275.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 658
Last edited:
Now for the finale!

Last summer I went for the holy grail and got a Chanel Classic Double Flap bag in black Caviar.

I was on vacation in Italy and was in Balenciaga, thinking I could get a bag there but not really being into it fully. I love their bags but I just wasn't quite feeling it at the moment. Then we passed the Chanel store in Florence and I thought: I can keep getting (semi)affordable bags that I kinda want, or I can go for the one that will make me the most happy.

I got the Large size as I wanted a bag I could actually use in my everyday life (not that I wear it wherever, I do take precautions! ) and since I'm 172 cm (6 fooot 8?) and not too skinny I think this size works well on me. I was sweating like a pig and my heart was racing for a few days after the actual purchase (so much money!!!) but I calmed down at last :smile:

The lovely staff in the Florence store even ordered the silver HW for me and it arrived they day before we left Florence for Venice :smile: I prefer silver on such a large bag I think.

Not regretting this splurge at all ♥

Attachments

• 1407009232585.jpg
    1407009232585.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 655
Love your bags and the Chanel especially, of course. That bag is such a classic and will never go out of style. It will last you a lifetime and make you smile for a lifetime too. Yay!! Enjoy it all.

I love all your bags and the story behind them! x

Thank you!

Love your bags and the Chanel especially, of course. That bag is such a classic and will never go out of style. It will last you a lifetime and make you smile for a lifetime too. Yay!! Enjoy it all.

Glad you enjoyed them! Yes, that's what I'm hoping :smile: already having so much fun taking it out for a spin here and there, haha :smile: