My brand new Artsy smells like vinyl

Mine too. I had it exchanged and the 2nd one also smell the same. Like plastic. None of my canvas bag smell like that. I don't know why. Maybe is the braded handles.

Let it air out. It will be fine. I purchased mine at the boutique so I didn't notice any scent. Perhaps it has something to do with the way they pack it for shipping?

It is probably brand spankin newly made. Let it sit outside the packaging for a day or two. If you still aren't happy with it def exchange for one in store. and smell it before :P

Just bought my 3rd Artsy (Azur) and noticed the same thing. My impression is that it was very fresh and had never been opened. It has since aired out and is fine. I didn't worry too much because I bought it at the boutique (as opposed to buying it from a seller) and have never had a problem with any LV items before.

I will say, after purchasing 5 bags, this is my first time having this experience. If it hadn't gone away quickly, it would have gone back!

At this point you have to figure out what's more important to you. Would you rather have a MIS bag or exchange for a MIU that may or may not smell better. Your chances of finding a MIS in stores that have already told you only MIU are slim.

I never really noticed the smell but maybe this is something new since others have said the same recently.