My brand new Artsy smells like vinyl

Nov 29, 2013
I finally got my artsy shipped from a store and I opened it and it smells like vinyl. Is that normal? I'm kind of disappointed. Please help! TIA

for3v3rz

Nov 1, 2013
West Coast (U.S.A)
Mine too. I had it exchanged and the 2nd one also smell the same. Like plastic. None of my canvas bag smell like that. I don't know why. Maybe is the braded handles.

Serenedee

Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
Let it air out. It will be fine. I purchased mine at the boutique so I didn't notice any scent. Perhaps it has something to do with the way they pack it for shipping?

Nov 29, 2013
I'd call, and ask why your bag smells :\

I'm thinking of going to the store and looking at another one. I had this one shipped to me from an out of state store cause I wanted one made on Spain. All the ones at my local store are made in USA. I'm just sad that I paid $2k for a bag and it smells like vinyl.

OCMomof3

Feb 26, 2013
Southern CA
Just bought my 3rd Artsy (Azur) and noticed the same thing. My impression is that it was very fresh and had never been opened. It has since aired out and is fine. I didn't worry too much because I bought it at the boutique (as opposed to buying it from a seller) and have never had a problem with any LV items before.

I will say, after purchasing 5 bags, this is my first time having this experience. If it hadn't gone away quickly, it would have gone back!

Jun 21, 2008
On an airplane...
At this point you have to figure out what's more important to you. Would you rather have a MIS bag or exchange for a MIU that may or may not smell better. Your chances of finding a MIS in stores that have already told you only MIU are slim.

I never really noticed the smell but maybe this is something new since others have said the same recently.

Wentworth-Roth

Longtime Member
O.G.
Jul 3, 2006
It is probably brand spankin newly made. Let it sit outside the packaging for a day or two. If you still aren't happy with it def exchange for one in store.
That's exactly what I would do. The smell will fade quickly if you properly air out your Artsy.

Kahla

Mar 19, 2014
I bought a monogram Artsy recently as well. It started out with the same smell, but that was gone within a couple days.

lovebags1

O.G.
Jun 19, 2008
I think they are making the canvas differently so that it does not crack and the smell is the side effect of the new configuration of the canvas.

Nov 29, 2013
I think they are making the canvas differently so that it does not crack and the smell is the side effect of the new configuration of the canvas.

The canvas looks more shiny compared to my old LVs. I like the look of the older canvas more. I think the shininess looks cheap.