My brand new Aquamarine City- All Scratched Up!

bonniec

Aug 30, 2006
Well, I'd been drooling over one of this since lordguinny got hers, and of course you want it more when you can't have it. A fellow tpf-er pointed me the way, and the clueless SA sent me "turquoise." Crossed my fingers, was SO excited when it was in fact AQUA. But I can find at LEAST 6 scratches...:cursing: I bought this at Saks... there are probably no more in the system, but I'm not sure? What should I do? If they repair it, I don't want it damaging the distressing of the bag...

Bear with me, I'm bad with loading pics, so they'll be one by one.
july2007bbag031.jpg
[/IMG]

How frustrating! You finally get what you want, and then it's scratched up. If it makes you feel any better, I doubt anyone else would notice the scratches. They're not going to be inspecting it closely and could easily think they're part of the distressing.

But, if it were me, it would drive me nuts, and I would try to find the bag somewhere else. Have you tried Aloha Rag to see if they might have one? I was looking at the thread yesterday on how to buy from them. Based on the information there, I contacted them, and they had a TON of bags that weren't listed on their webpage list (...though of course still not the one I was looking for.)

OK, those are all the pictures that can capture the scratches. I really want an Aqua in the RH...:cursing: You can even see the scratch in the front corner on the last pic...

I paid the full $1195 plus shipping. Don't know what to do.

I had called Aloha Rag before Saks, they have NOTHING in Aqua. Thanks

bonnie, this Aqua is amazing! You got one that was really saturated in color. Would you feel satisfied keeping her if Saks gave you a discount? I would call your SA and complain, demanding either 1) they send you the exact same color or 2) a discount.

Isn't Aqua an amazing and complex blue? It can't be captured in pictures!

bonnie, this Aqua is amazing! You got one that was really saturated in color. Would you feel satisfied keeping her if Saks gave you a discount? I would call your SA and complain, demanding either 1) they send you the exact same color or 2) a discount.

Isn't Aqua an amazing and complex blue? It can't be captured in pictures!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this color!! I would totally be fine with a discount. My only issue with the scratches is with any possible future trades/sales and its resale value, since I paid full price.

I ordered this from the Saks Boca Raton FL who shipped it here. Should I call her or the SA here (in Cleveland)? What would be a fair discount? I'm going to just think of the worst case scenario for now and assume there are none left in the system.

You would call the SA who assisted you in Boca Raton Saks. I think a fair discount would be $200-$250 off. That might seem high to them but you can throw a fit. Otherwise you threaten to return the bag entirely and then instead of just losing $250 they'll lose out on $1195!

i'd definitely try and ask for a discount if they can't sent you a replacement..but if that's the only bag they have, i don't think the scratches are too noticeable unless you scrutinize the bag! i love the colour though!

The bag is beautiful! I have those type scratches on my black city and ink purse. They don't look too bad, but I understand you wanting a flawless bag since you paid full price. See about getting a new bag or discount!

well- if it makes you feel any better, it will get scratched anyway as you use it. but i totally understand that you want a completely new bag. i always get pissed at myself when i scratch one of mine with my nail by accident! it's tough buying bags sight unseen. good luck with your decision. if it were me, i would think about keeping it since it would be hard to find now.