My boyfriend is absolutely clueless about handbags!

The only thing my DH cares about or wants to know about is the price tag! He really can't understand my passion for bags. But then I can't understand his for sports memorabilia.

My husband bought me my first Longchamp and my first Furla - I really appreciated the gesture both times but he bought me the wrong ones! He bought me a red folding suitcase from Longchamp, I mean it fits one change of clothes at a push and I'm not much of a red fan! The Furla was better, a black leather tote but it's way too small to be of any use!
He also brought me a Banana Republic purse he got on sale as I'd bought myself one for my birthday a few months prior, but he got the ugliest purse the outlet store had, it cost like 20 bucks!
Then there was the Tiffany patent passport cover that luckily for me didn't fit my passport so he had to return it, unf I couldn't say the same for the pale pink Furla accessories he brought me back from Rome which were useless as they got dirty the first time I touched them!
In the end he also doesn't get the point of the $300 or $500 purses, but then I don't get the point of the $65 PS3 games that he plays once then puts away in a box...

Thank God my BF is was well trained before we met:yes:
He can even spot a fake one better than I can.. He knows almost all designers handbags; I can't go to Saks or Chanel(his favorite designer bags) and buy a bag before consulting him...:tup:
He is awesome...and when we go out he always helps me pick out my bag and matching lipgloss.....:heart:

After 11 years, my husband still wonders why I need more than one black purse. He bought a Kooba for me for our anniversary this year--a first for him---and I caught him searching "Balenciaga" for my birthday. I almost dropped dead from shock. Otherwise, he only knows of Coach, which was my favorite brand for years. At least it's something.

After 11 years, my husband still wonders why I need more than one black purse. He bought a Kooba for me for our anniversary this year--a first for him---and I caught him searching "Balenciaga" for my birthday. I almost dropped dead from shock. Otherwise, he only knows of Coach, which was my favorite brand for years. At least it's something.

Mine's the same after 5 years. The same applies to shoes!

Before I met my bf he knew nada about handbags. Now he knows SO MUCH! Not only about handbags but about clothes, shoes and even models. When we first started dating he couldn't get my obsession with handbags but only after a few weeks he came around. (I think it helps that his mom was going googoogaga over my lv speedy... it helps us bond.) I got a good one.

My man is definitely clueless about purses. He got upset recently because we went to an elegant affair and I carried a very pretty Swarovski crystal clutch. He said the clutch was ridiculous because it was too small to put his keys and his digital camera in that night. :rolleyes:

He can recognize the LV label, and Dooney and Bourke, but that is about all. He thinks a bag is crazy expensive if it costs $300.00. So you KNOW I haven't told him how much my Hermes bags cost.

My ex knew alot about bags... before I met him :wtf:

a bit more then me :Push:

mine too! not bags specifically, but designers. he had worked for neiman marcus for years before i met him so he totally had be beat on fashion. until i met him i didn't think i could date someone who dressed better than me, but i got over it:smile:

And he is on some forum somewhere, posting that while you are without question the most fabulous woman he has ever known, your utter ignorance on the subject of LaCrosse, or motorboat engines, or the history of Lichtenstein, is nothing short of appalling. ;)

My boyfriend did something cute today. We were leaving Target and it was raining outside. He turned to me and said, "Do you want my coat so you can cover your bag?" I was carrying my new Neverfull. He didn't want me to get water spots on my vachetta! I took the coat and ran for it! Later this evening I had to go out again and he told me I could take his coat to cover my bag again. I didn't take it though. I just ran to the car. No water spots so far.

^^^How chivalrous!

I don't think my boyfriend will ever support my handbag love. He knows Louis and all the high end stores. At this day in age, who doesn't...He is totally against the idea of spending so much money on "just a bag". He thinks they are just materialistic. He never looks at purses when we are at the mall, I'm always pointing them out, and he's like "I don't really care..." Of course he sounds like a raging bastard, but he really isn't. Eveything else we are on the same wavelength :smile: Slowly but surely he will gain an appreciation and he WILL buy me a luxury bag! Mark my words lol!