MY Boss called me a Ni%%a!!

I'm sure there would probably be a disciplinary hearing.

And they'll probably focus on this 'issue' first before they get into your record as an employee.

(And like I said, your record does NOT excuse what he said!)

If you speak up to another manager or to HR, HR should conduct a formal investigation into the matter. In the course of that investigation they will talk (separately) with you, him, and anyone else who heard him say what he said to you or heard him say anything else derogatory or offensive. HR and company management will determine whether or not his behavior was inappopriate, either by violating company policy, demonstrating poor judgment and poor leadership, etc. They will then determine whether termination (of him) is appropriate given the risks.

You will NOT be fired for speaking up. Your performance on the job should not play a factor in this.

Go to work with a tape recorder, or anything similar...hopefully you'll record him using that derogatory term. Just in case he tells his corporate bosses that you and your co-worker are lying, you'll have proof. I would focus more on obtaining proof and gathering witnesses now.

i would have a private conversation with your boss about it,and tell him how you feel, and then, if he continues, report it to the higher ups. make sure to document everything, time, dates, etc..

oh boy, you better hope they do because that will guarantee that you'd be owning of few of those stores very soon.:devil:

Seriously, I doubt you would get fired for complaining....good luck!

Firstly, I'm sorry you had to hear the blabber of what appears to be the most UNPROFESSIONAL & VILE man that is your boss. Please schedule a meeting with an HR person in your company and then see a lawyer. I wish you luck.

If you speak up to another manager or to HR, HR should conduct a formal investigation into the matter. In the course of that investigation they will talk (separately) with you, him, and anyone else who heard him say what he said to you or heard him say anything else derogatory or offensive. HR and company management will determine whether or not his behavior was inappopriate, either by violating company policy, demonstrating poor judgment and poor leadership, etc. They will then determine whether termination (of him) is appropriate given the risks.

You will NOT be fired for speaking up. Your performance on the job should not play a factor in this.

I agree w/ everything posted by balihai88. Tell HR and go through the proper channels. I don't think you need to fear termination b/c it would be classified as retaliatory and that is bad news if you do decide to go ahead and get a lawyer. If you've gone through the proper channels, you'll end up much better if you do get an attorney.

I don't know how it works in the US but in the UK you can't just fire someone so easily you have to have written warnings, disaplinary hearings, final warnings etc. So unless you have done anything very wrong (gross misconduct) you cannot just be fired and especially not for reporting someone that is unfair dismissal even without the back story

Take the complaint up with those higher this can not be left as is they need to know if they don't do anything then take it legal

I would document his actions wit dates, times and who also heard his remarks. Send a professional letter to HR and corporate saying you want his harassment to end and perhaps follow up with a call to a lawyer.
This is so unacceptable.
Sad at it may be so many higher ups do get away with things at work.
My friend has had her boss tell her horrible things when she had cancer and these were things that to me were beyond discrimination. But HR did nothing and actually sided with the boss. They made comments they did not like the scarves she wore. I was the one that sent her about 100 scarves and they were designer ones.

It really makes you wonder who has the brains to hire such people and put them in charge.
I wish you the best.