My Bomar & Wine minis

Sally Says

Jul 2, 2008
I got my Wine MAM today! :heart: I'm in love with this bag! :heart: I know that everyone thought I should keep by Midnight MAM because I already had a Bomar Nikki, but after a lifetime of black handbags I've decided that wine is now my signature handbag color! ;)

I don't know if anyone has ever done a side by side comparison of the Bomar and Wine so I've attached two pics. They are actually quite different in texture. I absolutely adore my goat leather mini Nikki and now that I have the wine MAM, I understand why people rave about the wine leather. Sooo scrumptious!

Anyway here they are...
3258871230_a6eca4367c.jpg

3258041013_f0dd7b2170.jpg

wow, they are beautiful! I never seen bomar vs wine. Is the bomar stiffer than wine?

So you're keeping them all? with the midnight MAM as well?

And also, Thanks for the pics!

I'm so happy your decision was made easier once getting the wine mam. I think you made the right choice. I know there is no way I could return/sell that gorgeous bag once I received it either. Wine is heaven and it's just as classic as black IMO. Congrats and thanks for the pics!!

GORGEOUS! Thanks for the side by side comparisson! I really love the Bomar's and would have killed for a full size nikki but alas they were not able to make the full size. It's a shame but I actually understand the reasoning behind it and I don't blame them.

Thank you and enjoy your beauties!!

Thanks everyone!!

The Bomar really is heavenly. It still has a delicious smell that is a bit headier than a regular leather smell. It's thicker and more structured than the wine, but it's still very supple. I don't know how to describe it.

The color is nearly identical to Wine but there are subtle differences. I think the texture of the Bomar gives the color more depth, but since my wine MAM is new and glossy, I think I have to wait unti it's broken in to do a real comparison.

I found a new home for Midnight and I miss her already! But I think that if I save my pennies I'll be able to have another black MAM by next Fall. I've started writing down all of the things I don't buy every day just so my husband has a little more appreciation! ;)

Aww thats cute! Gosh i really want a bomar bag now...bomar was made in the mini nikki and sadly the bomar and wine mini nikki's are going to be 1 out of 1000000000000 chances for me to find. :sad:

Thats gorgeous! My first RM was a Wine MAM! :heart: I seriously cannot tell a difference in the color between the Wine and Bomar! Both look simply breathtaking! :love: Congrats!

I love your bags! I also have the wine MAM (but with the new hardware). I certainly love my bag as well!

Can I ask a question?
Is your new wine MAM missing her main compartment zipper-pull tassels? I don't see them in the picture (?)