My Bolide - Epsom? Fjord? Something Else?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I bought this bolide on ebay last year from a great TPF member - it's my avatar picture, too.

I was never sure what type of leather I had - I was leaning toward epsom. But today I saw the "Clemence vs. Fjord" thread and thought it may be Fjord.

I appreciate any input from the experts! I've looked at so many photos of leather in the Hermes forum, but am still not sure. :smile:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. Sue - Epsom is a stamped leather like the bag on the right in this photo. Yours does not look like a stamped leather from your photos. It could very well be fjord.

Attached Files:

3. Here is another photo of Epsom - and now I am getting confused! lol!

Attached Files:

4. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm just trying to compare the two...

5. It is definitely not Epsom. Do you happen to know the year it was made? The stamp should be somewhere on the interior next to the Hermes Paris.

6. It doesn't look like Fjord to me. VL?
    Is it very stiff?

7. Circle-Z. Is that 1996?

8. VL was my third guess! Yes, it is very stiff.

9. It is most likely Ardennes then as VL wasn't introduced until recent years.

10. I went over to the Hermes Reference library to see Ardennes - it does look like the same texture.

Thank you so much for the input!

11. Here is Ardennes for comparison

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. I wish my eyes were better at discerning the differences! :shrugs:

13. I think it is Ardennes. Very sturdy and wears very well. Beautiful bag!

14. Thank you! I love it. :heart::smile:

15. I just did a search and found this photo of an Ardennes Bolide originally posted by Encore Hermes last June in another thread. It could be the twin of my bag:

[​IMG]

It looks like Ardennes is the winner!