My blue Fly bags arrived....and....

MrsShoeGal

O.G.
Sep 11, 2006
......well I am not crazy for them so they are going back. I bought the two patent makeups and I dont' like the patent at all. The cream looks yellow and the liptstick is a gread red patent but the patent itself feels cheap.
they look better in my picture:
bluefly002.jpg

Argh and I wasted my 20% coupon! Crap!

Then I received the charcoal lex clutch and I love the clutch and the color but i am not wild about the short strap. DO all the Lexes have short straps?
bluefly006.jpg

bluefly004.jpg

Then because I have been on a huge splurge after canceling all my pre-orders:
Ms Green dot mam:
bluefly007.jpg

i am torn on this one as well the GREEN is very BRIGHT! It shocked me when I opend it I was thinking of a great apple green with white mixed in to tone it down, not the case.
This picture with flash is truer to the color:
bluefly009.jpg

the leather is very matte and I like a little less matte but it has great saturation. SO I am on the fence about this one too :crybaby:

The green dot MAM is a nice pop of color that's perfect for weekend brunch or outing :yes:I agree that I'm not crazy about the others from bluefly though...

PS. Is the green dot MAM from Bluefly too? It has an LB tag on it!

I got a Cream Patent Kiss & Makeup from the Sample Sale (emailed Catalina for it, miss her). I call it Butter, which I think is a more accurate description of the colour. I use it as a throw around bag in my other bags.

I think the MAM is too cute! Perfect for Spring/Summer or when you need a pop! My problem is I need to get used to bags that pop. lol How long do you have to decide? At least with LB, you can return it without a hassle.

As for the makeup bags, go with your gut. If you don't like them don't settle. Patents are tricky. They can look classy or not. I like patents though.

I can't speak for the Lex, but my Tryst clutch has a longer chain. Funny you should mention BlueFly. I received an order from them today. I got the Getaway clutch in Elephant. There were a couple of scratches on it I was not pleased about, but the bag is huge. It's certainly not the Grey they described either, it's definitely taupe. I definitely think BlueFly needs better descriptions.

I have to be honest and say the Green Dot MAM doesn't appeal to me, but then, I'm not the one who's going to wear it.

I'd think about how often you'll see yourself wearing it, and if it's minimal, then get something else. These bags are too pricey to wear on "occasion".

I got a Cream Patent Kiss & Makeup from the Sample Sale (emailed Catalina for it, miss her). I call it Butter, which I think is a more accurate description of the colour. I use it as a throw around bag in my other bags.

Butter is the perfect description for it i wonder what it looks like with the double cream leaher.

I think the MAM is too cute! Perfect for Spring/Summer or when you need a pop! My problem is I need to get used to bags that pop. lol How long do you have to decide? At least with LB, you can return it without a hassle.

As for the makeup bags, go with your gut. If you don't like them don't settle. Patents are tricky. They can look classy or not. I like patents though.

I can't speak for the Lex, but my Tryst clutch has a longer chain. Funny you should mention BlueFly. I received an order from them today. I got the Getaway clutch in Elephant. There were a couple of scratches on it I was not pleased about, but the bag is huge. It's certainly not the Grey they described either, it's definitely taupe. I definitely think BlueFly needs better descriptions.

14 days but I am pretty sure it's going back it's a touch too bright for my liking. I compare my reaction against the sea green i just received. The sea green is dreamy and I already wore it today. I have one outfit in mind for the green dot mam but then that's it.

Contessa: I have to be honest and say the Green Dot MAM doesn't appeal to me, but then, I'm not the one who's going to wear it.

I'd think about how often you'll see yourself wearing it, and if it's minimal, then get something else. These bags are too pricey to wear on "occasion".
Today 09:12 PM

I agree, i bet i wouldn't wear it more than once or twice.

Oooh, not wild on any of the others personally (though the K&MUs look like handy purse makeup bags), but that Charcoal Lex is REALLY pretty - and I've never been into the Lex before! Perfect neutral-but-still-glam color IMO. And the chain looks like a nice length. Post modeling pics when you get a chance please, I bet it's gorgeous on!