My black cherry twiggy is gorgeous!

congrats sunspark!! She's beautiful! I was actually thinking of your marroon twiggys when I opened your thread.

Question: how does the BC leather compare to the marroon leather? To be honest, so far I've been disappointed by the 08 leather's I've seen IRL. But then I see a bag like yours and it makes me wonder... congrats again!

I had one marron 04 that was like silk. Perfection! Very thin though. Unfortunately the back had been burnt and repaired, otherwise it would have been the most wonderful. I still regret selling her though:sad: Anyway, the other marrons I had (two other twiggies, two cities, and a first) didn't have leather quite as nice. So, having experienced that. I would say the BC is very nice. This particular bag is probably an 8/10. Now keep in mind I have probably had some 80 bags pass thru my life. Not many have been a 10. And I did own probabbly a dozen 03, 04, and 05 bags. 04 were my very favorite as far as consistency with the silkiest, smoothiest leather.

I would have kept them, but the Day style became my favorite (with GH), and the marron 04 just wasn't quite red enough.

I did find a bg 08 that had leather almost as silky as my 05 bg.

So I guess it all depends on the individual bag. Often, batches of dye lots can differ as well. I have seen pics of very brownish, or dryish looking BC's. Bouton D'or also seemed to have been a dry bunch. Cinnamon and Vert Fonce were exceptional overall. Ruby seems to be wonderful.
congrats sunspark!! She's beautiful! I was actually thinking of your marroon twiggys when I opened your thread.

Question: how does the BC leather compare to the marroon leather? To be honest, so far I've been disappointed by the 08 leather's I've seen IRL. But then I see a bag like yours and it makes me wonder... congrats again!

Sunny, the 08 leather varies hugely. But there is some nice leather out there. I do still think that 08 leather is softer than the leather on earlier bags and more prone to stretching. And in the stretched areas the colour lightens. I have seen this on some earlier bags too but not as extreme as with the 08 leathers (all my bags are either 06 or later so I can't speak for the wonderful years prior to this). I wonder how well these bags are going to hold up.

Wow! Your new Twiggy is gorgeous! I really like BC!

attachment.php