My Black Chanel Flap is Staining my clothes! Is this normal??? Help!!!

love86

O.G.
Aug 28, 2007
Hi everyone. So i got my first chanel jumbo flap bag off of ebay for $1850. I am thrilled to add her to my bag collection. This is my very first chanel classic flap bag and I wore the bag yesterday, so excited. But When I got home last night, I noticed that the white shirt i was wearing was stained somewhat brownish black, where the bag would sit. good thing the shirt wasnt an expensive shirt but I am shocked to see the color transfer onto clothing from a Chanel bag... I wiped the bag with the apple conditioner last night and the same brownish color transfered onto the white towel i was using.
now, i have had a same thing happened to white shirts with Marc jacobs black calf leather hobo stam before. but I didnt expect this from Chanel as the price is more than twice expensive than MJ stam. I have a Dolce and Gabbana black lambskin bag and it does not stain the light colored clothing...
I am not so sure if this is normal for Chanel black lambskin flap??? Am I doomed not be able to wear light colored shirt with my bag?? is there anyway to stop the color transfer?? I am new to chanel so please help!!!! any input is appreciated.

here is a picture of my new vintage class jumbo flap.. now.. a bit off topic. but what really constitue as vintage bag?

Attachments

• DSC02071.JPG
    DSC02071.JPG
    874.3 KB · Views: 1,622
I agree with the others. Your bag must've been re-dyed. I'm also guessing it was done outside of Chanel. This doesn't happen to new bags or even bags that are sent to Chanel for spa treatment. (FYI: Vintage bags have the larger CC logo, the hardware is more orange gold, etc...) Maybe you can bring it into Chanel & see what can be done.

ETA: Congrats on your 1st Chanel!

Hm.. I guess it could have been redyed. I tried contacting the seller but seller gets very defensive... I thought it was weird it was staining my clothes. I will take it to chanel n see what could be done. If I take it to the store or if I take it fo a cobbler would they be able to tell if it was redyed?

I agree with the others. Your bag must've been re-dyed. I'm also guessing it was done outside of Chanel. This doesn't happen to new bags or even bags that are sent to Chanel for spa treatment. (FYI: Vintage bags have the larger CC logo, the hardware is more orange gold, etc...) Maybe you can bring it into Chanel & see what can be done.

ETA: Congrats on your 1st Chanel!

sigh, looks like i might have to return the bag. the seller is basically calling me a liar and refuses to talk to me further. she did say one message before that the bags been "conditioned" before being sent to me, and I am guessing that might be the color touch up or something. The black color will come off the entire exterior and interior flap. only part the color doesnt come off is the inside lining of the bag. luckily seller has 7 days return policy and i think i will try to buy another one and return this one. i just thought $1850 was a such a good deal but i dont a bag that will stain light colored clothing as most of my wardrobe consists of white and pinks. It just sucks i worked on it so hard cleaning and conditioning it when i got it. lol, it tooke me like two hour to polish the hardware and wiping the bag with the conditioner to take out the light scratches and whatnot. The bag looks so much better than how it came lol. I don't think the seller will complain.. sigh... i guess my quest for buying a jumbo for under $2000 resumes.

Just wondering, did you get this authenticated prior to purchasing? Definitely iffy if the seller is becoming defensive over a few questions.

Anyway, good luck with this and hope it gets resolved!

Just wondering, did you get this authenticated prior to purchasing? Definitely iffy if the seller is becoming defensive over a few questions.

Anyway, good luck with this and hope it gets resolved!

yeah. bag was authenticated here on the forum. and its a nice quality bag in nice used condition except for the fact that it stains my clothes within few mins of putting it on..
thank you:biggrin: i notified the seller i will be returning the bag. i dont know if she was aware that the bag stains the clothes but I think i will spend few more hundreds to find one in nice condition that wont stain my clothes.

I'm sorry this has happened to you.

Like the others, I do feel that the bag was re-dyed.

Best option might be to send it back to the seller, there will be other beauties out there waiting for you to find them and you won't have to lose any more light coloured shirts in the process

I'm sorry this has happened to you.

Like the others, I do feel that the bag was re-dyed.

Best option might be to send it back to the seller, there will be other beauties out there waiting for you to find them and you won't have to lose any more light coloured shirts in the process

thank you:biggrin: i also think it migh be best to send it back. I thought about sending it to a professional purse cleaner or chanel spa but i heard it takes 2-3 months on average and cost few hundred dollars.. just not worth it. like you said, i will be on the look out for other beauties:biggrin:

I guess i have to agree with everybody else here..Must have been re-dyed, and my guess is outside of chanel:sad:
I am so sorry this happened to you.
Maybe you shoud contact the seller and inform him/her about the problem?
Or return the bag and take a full refund if that's possible?
GL and keep us posted!

Omg I just saw a YouTube video where the girl on the video was showing viewers how to clean their Chanel bags. In the 2nd part of her video she busted out a can of black spray paint or something and applied it on the bag. I nearly gagged...WHY?!!

blusparkles17 said:
Omg I just saw a YouTube video where the girl on the video was showing viewers how to clean their Chanel bags. In the 2nd part of her video she busted out a can of black spray paint or something and applied it on the bag. I nearly gagged...WHY?!!

Omg lol thats scary.. Cant believe ppl would do that to any bags