My birthday present... to myself!

Happy Birthday!

Congrats for putting all that money away. I know how hard it is. You won't be sorry. You'll love the Chanels.

I think checking the reference library and doing a little bit of research through the threads would be helpful since you're just starting out. If you're near a store that carrys the Chanel line, I would definitely visit and try some different bags on.

There are many hot bags right now, but you have to get what suits you and your personality and your everyday needs.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Happy birthday to you. I know what you mean about spending so much on a bag. Until recently, the most I had spent on a purse was $1000 and I thought that was a lot. I just crossed the $2000 mark with a new Bottega Veneta. I haven't told anyone how much....one of my friends asked me about it and said, "was it more than four." I misunderstood and thought she meant $4,000 but she was talking about $400! I didn't have the heart to tell her that my wallet itself was $700. It made me feel guilty but I got over it. That's why we have this Web board!!!

That is wonderful that you have saved your money and can gift yourself with a Chanel handbag!!!! Like Mon said to be able to walk in make that purchase. Happy Birthday and don't let anyone spoil your fun.