My Birkin Story

Congrats on your beautiful bag! Bleu nuit is my favourite H colour - I have a bleu nuit K32 with GHW, and it just goes with everything! Hope you're enjoying your bag! I've always seemed to prefer the K over the B, but I must say, after seeing your B I am lusting hard after one!

Thank you!! It's already a few months since I got it and I am loving it more by the day. The color is just perfect and it goes with everything. I prefer K too having had it first before my B but I now love them equally. :heart:

I was looking for this thread because I was trying to remember when I got my blue nuit and when was the color kind of the mainstream because my SA mentioned in passing that it might be rested.

And to my surprise, two years to the day that I got my 3rd B30! I *cringe* at my hypocritical sounding self two years ago about having only one birkin, moving on to other things, hand held only, yada yada blah blah. :amuse::smile:

I was looking for this thread because I was trying to remember when I got my blue nuit and when was the color kind of the mainstream because my SA mentioned in passing that it might be rested.

And to my surprise, two years to the day that I got my 3rd B30! I *cringe* at my hypocritical sounding self two years ago about having only one birkin, moving on to other things, hand held only, yada yada blah blah. :amuse::smile:

No need to cringe it happens ALOT... last bag, only one b/k, stop at x number.......... :biggrin:
Which other colors did you get??

Reactions: BBC and odette57
I almost never do a reveal here and I suppose this isn’t actually a reveal. Backstory, I was introduced to Birkin about 8 years ago while I was in SF at that time, being a nice tour guide to my best friend who was visiting. We were in one of those cable cars and we were seated on the side and you know how people climb on it and just stand up and hold the railings. There is this one very pretty and elegant lady standing in front of me with her bag like right in my face. Seems like she and her husband were on a honeymoon based on their conversation. Anyway, her bag was an Hermes, Gold with GHW. I don’t know what that bag was, I just knew it was very pretty and it says Hermes in it and it was Gold. I know Hermes the brand from my Aunt because she has some tea cups and dinner wares that we were not allowed to touch.:biggrin: Anyway, I had to look up what that bag was and turned out to be a Birkin and from what I remember based on how it looked on her, I think it was a 35.

That bag was always in my mind since then. Not necessarily the Gold color but just that style. It wasn’t as popular or visible back then (or maybe I just didn’t know any better). It was always on my, “I will buy that back when I get to this, or after that <insert milestone>” list. But I never got around buying one because I cannot justify it being just a hand held option. So I went about with my bag journey and then it came in full circle. There is no unique purpose that the Birkin is serving that my other bags (Kelly, Lindy, Toolbox, etc) already do. However, it’s something I want and seeing all the lovely Bs here in TPF, I kept thinking, a lot of people love it, maybe I will too function-wise?

I finally got a B30 after a long time of contemplating whether I can pull it off or not. Will I use it a lot even without the shoulder carry option? TPF friends, I need encouragement. :smile::angel: I haven’t used it yet, aside from the fact that I am still deciding whether to keep it or not, it is also raining a lot in my sunny CA!

Here’s my B30 Bleu Nuit Togo with GHW. :heart: Maybe now I will stop buying bags and move on to other nice things (or not). :nuts:
Odette, I think your bag is beautiful. As to whether you should keep it, I have loads of Bs and Ks. I usually have one of each out. Mostly I carry a B35 because they are so versatile in terms of what they can carry and I don’t find them heavy (but I spend a lot if time in the gym lifting weights so I guess it’s relative). When I know I’m going to the grocery store or hard core shopping, etc., I just throw some things from the B into the nearby empty K and go. Either way, I use one nearly every day.

Reactions: odette57
I almost never do a reveal here and I suppose this isn’t actually a reveal. Backstory, I was introduced to Birkin about 8 years ago while I was in SF at that time, being a nice tour guide to my best friend who was visiting. We were in one of those cable cars and we were seated on the side and you know how people climb on it and just stand up and hold the railings. There is this one very pretty and elegant lady standing in front of me with her bag like right in my face. Seems like she and her husband were on a honeymoon based on their conversation. Anyway, her bag was an Hermes, Gold with GHW. I don’t know what that bag was, I just knew it was very pretty and it says Hermes in it and it was Gold. I know Hermes the brand from my Aunt because she has some tea cups and dinner wares that we were not allowed to touch.:biggrin: Anyway, I had to look up what that bag was and turned out to be a Birkin and from what I remember based on how it looked on her, I think it was a 35.

That bag was always in my mind since then. Not necessarily the Gold color but just that style. It wasn’t as popular or visible back then (or maybe I just didn’t know any better). It was always on my, “I will buy that back when I get to this, or after that <insert milestone>” list. But I never got around buying one because I cannot justify it being just a hand held option. So I went about with my bag journey and then it came in full circle. There is no unique purpose that the Birkin is serving that my other bags (Kelly, Lindy, Toolbox, etc) already do. However, it’s something I want and seeing all the lovely Bs here in TPF, I kept thinking, a lot of people love it, maybe I will too function-wise?

I finally got a B30 after a long time of contemplating whether I can pull it off or not. Will I use it a lot even without the shoulder carry option? TPF friends, I need encouragement. :smile::angel: I haven’t used it yet, aside from the fact that I am still deciding whether to keep it or not, it is also raining a lot in my sunny CA!

Here’s my B30 Bleu Nuit Togo with GHW. :heart: Maybe now I will stop buying bags and move on to other nice things (or not). :nuts:

Congrats! That’s on my wishlist!

Hi ladies!!

I wanted to share with all of you My Birkin Story (video) about how I got my beautiful Birkin 30 Bleu Nuit in France this past Fall 2019. I was OBSESSED with this forum and so many others, so I'm happy to pass along my shared success for future readers to enjoy just as I did. Please use this link to watch the Unboxing as well. Let me know if you prefer a written story about how I got my Birkin. Otherwise, it's all on YouTube for your enjoyment.

Thank you to everyone who shared their experience before me. This has been a fun, wild, and rewarding ride!

Hi ladies!!

I wanted to share with all of you My Birkin Story (video) about how I got my beautiful Birkin 30 Bleu Nuit in France this past Fall 2019. I was OBSESSED with this forum and so many others, so I'm happy to pass along my shared success for future readers to enjoy just as I did. Please use this link to watch the Unboxing as well. Let me know if you prefer a written story about how I got my Birkin. Otherwise, it's all on YouTube for your enjoyment.

Thank you to everyone who shared their experience before me. This has been a fun, wild, and rewarding ride!
Congrats on your B30 BN! Is your GHW too? (Sorry, I'm not much of a youtube person). I love mine!

Reactions: DreamerofLux
I had been wearing my B30 and loving it so far. :heart: No problems just yet, but not 100% comfortable with it yet being just hand held. It is not yet intuitive for me. I had been taking it out mostly to work and whenever the little boy is not going out with me.

I am also "training" on it and wondering if I could actually use a B35 to work? For now, I carry my stuff in it and use a separate sleeve for my laptop. Do you guys have a B35 that you use for work and you that you carry a laptop on it? Thanks!

Time flies! I can't believe it, it's been 3 years since my first B! My SA who offered me this has since moved on from H (but passed me to my current H fairy), but the bag still looks and smells like that day I took it home even if I do use it a lot. (This is my "black" bag so it does get a lot of use.)
Just to help out everyone deciding on a B (hand held only and what not), my B and I seemed to have breezed those 3 years and have added a few B30 siblings along the way. The B30 is my favorite everyday bag now and I had gotten so used to it, that I can take it to shop/grocery and have my little boy tag along (he's 5 now). I take it to work all the time and is very chic but under the radar.

Hi ladies!!

Congratulations! It's really fun to see your excitement. So glad for you and hope you still love it!

Congrats on your B30 BN! Is your GHW too? (Sorry, I'm not much of a youtube person). I love mine!
Thanks so much! Yes, mine is GHW too. Also, it's so funny because I still remember reading your story and loving your bag so when I got offered this color and hardware combo I knew I would 100% say yes. I love how we are twinning, and I love how you ended up keeping yours and used it as your "black" bag. What other colors have you gotten since?

Thanks so much! Yes, mine is GHW too. Also, it's so funny because I still remember reading your story and loving your bag so when I got offered this color and hardware combo I knew I would 100% say yes. I love how we are twinning, and I love how you ended up keeping yours and used it as your "black" bag. What other colors have you gotten since?
You'll love it! Very easy to use and yes, it being my "black" bag, I have never really asked my SA for a black. I got a blue electrique and a malachite after the BN.