My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding on TLC

Yeah, that guy and that whole 'sale' was shady as all get down. I was quite disgusted by that man, actually. I don't tend to mind the antics of the people on the show - in fact, their women encouraged me to start cleaning my home more often :biggrin:. But that guy with the knocked up 'Gorger' girlfriend and the other girl on the side, trying to swindle that old man, yeah, didn't like that at all.
That's why the get the bad rap, there seem to be lots of them out there like that. That and they tend to trash where they have these elaborate parties. I don't think they showed that aspect on the US version, but it was a big issue finding a locale for the weddings in the UK.

That's why the get the bad rap, there seem to be lots of them out there like that. That and they tend to trash where they have these elaborate parties. I don't think they showed that aspect on the US version, but it was a big issue finding a locale for the weddings in the UK.

I really loved the UK version of this program. It was more documentary than 'reality tv' to me. As I knew absolutely nothing about Gypsies, it allowed me to learn about a whole other group of people of whom I had no clue.

Sad that culturally, they tend to mess up locales with fighting. I did notice that on the UK version. The American version has featured some fighting (or was that just Gypsy sisters? Too many Gypsy shows all of a sudden).

I'd like to ask a question as it has been on my mind and well, seems like some of the folks on this thread may have an answer for me.

So, Romanichels shouldn't marry Gorgers. Got it. They also should not be gay. Got that too.

Anyone know what happens when/if a Gypsy marries someone from a completely different race? It keeps popping into my head and I wonder if the show is going to go there, assuming there is anyone to even speak on that from their personal experience :thinking:

I really loved the UK version of this program. It was more documentary than 'reality tv' to me. As I knew absolutely nothing about Gypsies, it allowed me to learn about a whole other group of people of whom I had no clue.

Sad that culturally, they tend to mess up locales with fighting. I did notice that on the UK version. The American version has featured some fighting (or was that just Gypsy sisters? Too many Gypsy shows all of a sudden).

I'd like to ask a question as it has been on my mind and well, seems like some of the folks on this thread may have an answer for me.

So, Romanichels shouldn't marry Gorgers. Got it. They also should not be gay. Got that too.

Anyone know what happens when/if a Gypsy marries someone from a completely different race? It keeps popping into my head and I wonder if the show is going to go there, assuming there is anyone to even speak on that from their personal experience :thinking:
I liked the UK version much better myself! I have never seen any gypsies here in PA aside from the men who are looking for work. And yes, the women fight on the show all the time. I'm sure marrying another race is a big no no.

Yeah, that guy and that whole 'sale' was shady as all get down. I was quite disgusted by that man, actually. I don't tend to mind the antics of the people on the show - in fact, their women encouraged me to start cleaning my home more often :biggrin:. But that guy with the knocked up 'Gorger' girlfriend and the other girl on the side, trying to swindle that old man, yeah, didn't like that at all.

That guy was just a jerk. I hope his pregnant gf found someone way better.

And I know what you mean about being inspired to clean more... I recently left my part time job to be able to take care of our home, and dh has been all 'Yeah, I finally got myself a gypsy wife!' lol

I liked the UK version much better myself! I have never seen any gypsies here in PA aside from the men who are looking for work. And yes, the women fight on the show all the time. I'm sure marrying another race is a big no no.

I think its such a shame how the women fight. I remember watching an episode (probably from the 1st season) where the stripper girl got into it with another girl at a wedding. :tdown:

And yeah, an interracial marriage would probably cause significant problems for the couple in that community. I don't even want to think about it.

There was another one off special on last night. My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding: Life on the Run. Following a group of gypsies that have had to move over 20 times in a month, because they keep getting kicked off the land they were staying on and one girl was getting married. She got engaged after 6 days of meeting the boy.

There was another one off special on last night. My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding: Life on the Run. Following a group of gypsies that have had to move over 20 times in a month, because they keep getting kicked off the land they were staying on and one girl was getting married. She got engaged after 6 days of meeting the boy.
What an awful way to live, I am so glad I am not a gypsy!