My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding on TLC

k2sealer said:
I don't remember the rug, but did it have a specific patented Versace key symbol around it? Or was it a greek key design that Versace uses but has been used by everyone through antiquity?

(Not that I think the rug was a real Chanel.)

It was the Greek key design but no matter where I see it I associate it with Versace. Chanel don't even make rugs or bedding so I know they are really bad fakes

I only saw part of this show last night, and it's crazy!! I can't believe the girl who was maybe 15 and talking about how she attends tons of weddings a year and only wears a dress once, but doesn't care how much they cost as long as they look good. Someone mentioned it above, and it just blew my mind! I can't imagine ever asking my parents to spend that much money!

Resurrecting an old thread (hopefully there'll be a My Big Fat Gypsy type show coming this summer):

I think the parents are willing to spend the money on these outfits because it's like their investing in their product, so to speak: that dress will give them more of a chance to land a husband which gives them more of a chance to find someone to support them.

This season is more about Gypsy culture rather than weddings (weddings are still featured) there are still extreme dresses but it looks more at communions and proms and festivals and everyday life

I haven't seen the entire gown, but from what I've seen, the cat on her wedding gown kind of reminds me of the Baby Phat logo (except the head is facing the other way):

Attachments

• Baby Phat Logo.jpg
    Baby Phat Logo.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 598
OMG @ the pineapple dress and the palm tree dress. LOL

I thought it was interesting how the big sister was explaining how the little sister's short skirt was completely appropriate because she was going to wear shorts underneath.