My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding on TLC

^ is it me or does she have red soles on?
I'm not too familiar with all the cls out there, maybe one of the cl ladies can verify.
Funny, are tax payees paying for that too? Lol

the soles are red, but I'm not familiar with that style...

another marriage I don't see lasting, is the girl that worked at a hotel and then got married. She seemed very independent and sure of herself, but married for the sake of tradition.

another marriage I don't see lasting, is the girl that worked at a hotel and then got married. She seemed very independent and sure of herself, but married for the sake of tradition.

The girl that worked at the hotel was Violet Anne & I agree with you 100%. IMO it seems that the girls who were working and were "older" (21-22) when they get married don't seem as naive about a "happily ever after" ending as the girls who get married at 16-17; and almost resent losing their independence.

I still don't get why the one girl lied to the wedding dress designer. The lady clearly has a good reputation in the community and would keep her wedding date/place a secret.

That whole bit seemed strange...

Gosh that one man who traveled for 2 weeks in the horse and carriage, but made his wife drive and bring him food - omg. I just can't imagine...DH was watching with me and he was laughing "what, he can't take that carriage to a drive thru?!"

omg the non traveler who was marrying the traveler, sam, her mom was soooooo dark with blond hair. how can one tan so much?!

her mom looked so crazy and wasn't even a traveler

the dress maker reminds me of betsey johnson

I suspect she does have to pay for her expenses. The price of the travel and getting the girls into those dresses is most likely written into the contract (if there is one) They need her to be there, armed with everything from ace bandages to fire extinguishers!
Even if the expenses are written into the price of the dress, she has to pay with her own money, I'm sure.
That designer is really talented.

I don't understand why the girl was so secretive about the date. Uh, this show was not going to be shown for months after the wedding, so why have them turn the cameras off. Also, why does the dress maker have to come dress them? How hard is it for the bride, her friends and her mother help her put her dress and bandages on. It's not rocket science. I don't see Vera Wang coming to all brides that get a Vera Wang dress dressing them on their wedding day.

Gosh that one man who traveled for 2 weeks in the horse and carriage, but made his wife drive and bring him food - omg. I just can't imagine...DH was watching with me and he was laughing "what, he can't take that carriage to a drive thru?!"

That really pissed me off. I was hoping she was lying to him and wasn't really lost, but sitting on her sofa watching tv.

I know! It's not enough that he wouldn't let her go.

And she couldn't just deliver the food and drive home either. She had to prepare and serve it to him.

I know that's their "way" but that's ridiculous.