my best friend got a fake for christmas..help!

If she is surrounded by all this authentic stuff how is it that she doesn't know it is a fake? I'm just saying...

because nobody carries mc at my school.. they all carry vernis and mono. i dont know why....
but when i asker her if it was real. she said. " i dont know "
but i feel so bad.. because she likes it.. and i actually did get a real lv for xmas...

I would tell her. Maybe she just doesn't realize that it's fake. I remember high school too and there are catty girls out there. You wouldn't want one of those girls making fun of her. Maybe her aunt didn't realize that it was a fake..... I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt.

No thought involved, if their a good friend tell them right off the bat. A good friend doesn't let a friend be embarrassed, and anyone who wears fake bags should be embarrassed, say something for sure!

thanks! i think i might do this.. because there is no way to take her to the boutique...(just not stuff i do with friends...)
but i want to do it VERY very gently.
and i dont want to do it when she has the bag with her.
( i think she may bring it with her tomorrow...)
arrrrrgh!:shrugs:

Is there a chance she already suspects it's a fake?

That's what I was thinking... since she said she doesn't know that it's real, it makes me think she might be covering her bases. Perhaps you could engage in a little investigation with her? Help her come to the conclusion on her own?

Tough one, but if i were carrying a fake (particularly one that bad!) and I didn't know I'd want to be told... and I'd absolutely expect my knowledgable best friend to tell me!

:smile:

If she's my *best* friend, I'd definitely tell her. Like you said, you don't want her to be humiliated by the other fellow classmates. She's definitely going to be hurt, but it'll be 200x better for you to point this out than later on being laughed at whenever and wherever she goes inside the school.

Just tell her your intentions first, sincerely, before you tell her the truth. If she thinks you're her best friend also, you guys will become even better friends.

If she's my *best* friend, I'd definitely tell her. Like you said, you don't want her to be humiliated by the other fellow classmates. She's definitely going to be hurt, but it'll be 200x better for you to point this out than later on being laughed at whenever and wherever she goes inside the school.

Just tell her your intentions first, sincerely, before you tell her the truth. If she thinks you're her best friend also, you guys will become even better friends.

that is so true! but im still scared to tell her! i know that in many ways it is selfish of me... but for now.. ill just prevent her taking it to school..

Well, since she has said she doesn't know for sure that it's real, you could maybe show her Fashionphile's guide to MC LV? Someone posted a link, and I know it had a picture of a MC Pochette w/ a bow, and explained why it was a fake.

Well I think I would tell her gently 'cause if she gets made fun of (which is so ridiculous, but I remember HS) I would feel bad that I didn't say something before hand. Was the person who gave it to her a close family member or someone really close to her? I don't know, I might say something like, "I know you got that bag as a gift and it was so generous of someone to think of you, know you like bags, and pick something out for you but I have to tell you I don't believe it's an authentic LV. I really wanted to tell you before someone else, like a stranger or someone at school, decides to say something unkind."

Thats the most gentle and straight forward way I could really think of how to tell her.

Good luck.
ITA

I don't know what I would do. I can't remember what kids are like in high school. I would say tell her tactfully so she doesn't hear it from someone else. Kids can be so mean. Oh my god I sound like my mom.

I'd definitely tell her. You might want to print out one of the pages from an LV authentication guide to point things out about it that makes it fake. I know some people get really defensive about their bags, but make sure she knows you're doing it because you care about her and don't want her to get ridiculed.