My beautiful white chanel..GONE!

Minnie

O.G.
Jan 25, 2006
I bought the hybrid in white and a couple of days ago it was my second time wearing it, the first time i wore it for only an hour...
I sat down in cartier and i look down on my lap and on corner/side it blue
it was very faint but i took a napkin with water and it came off slightly but it was still there.
I was upset and angry!!
What happened to the quality of Chanel?
My second hour wearing the bag and it has color transfer...
When i wear it , it doesn't even reach down to my jeans it falls just right under my chest??? and i was wearing a white top
I wasnt being rubbed or even held close to my jeans.
I took it to chanel and my SA tried to erase the stain but it didnt work?
After only a couple of hours wearing the bag in total this shouldnt be happening.
I am also very very very careful with my things.

Has this happened to anyone??

What should I get instead?? I really want a reissue but i have heard that the metallic rubs off? I like my bags in good condition, and I am heartbroken when these things happen..

I dont know if color transfer is a quality issue. I mean they might be able to put a protective coat on it, but often that changes characteristics of leather.

sorry I didn't expand, i say its a quality issue because my mother has a white chanel caviar classic flap for 15 years and I have worn it many times and its fine.
I have worn my mothers many times and this was just not an issue

If you are wearing overdyed, dark blue jeans it's very possible that just a 5 seconds rub might do it. The color is so saturated that it comes off just by touching it. I have that problem with those newer jeans, most of them even have a warning on their labels for the color transfer. I remember reading somebody else's post about it, try baby wipes if it's a caviar. Sorry it happened.

yes i believe it's quality issue. I wear my 07 red caviar jumbo and it got color transferred from my jean and i wasn't aware at first. Luckily i was at the bag service shop and they helped me to clean it off completely...that was a close shave...LOL

the shop owner said i have to waterproof it to prevent this but it's only temporary which only last for two wks...in other words, i have to keep bringing back to them to get waterproof....quite troublesome i guess. But i did buy the waterproof spray jus in case.

Was the bag in your lap (resting on your jeans) when you were in Cartier? Perhaps that's when the color transfer happened?

I'm very sorry to hear that, but I don't think it's a matter that Chanel (company) could have any control on. ANY white or light colored bag is at risk for color transfer, especially on denim. My Rock & Republics even come with a tag that says beware of color transfer onto light colored items. The problem isn't with the bag, it's with the jeans, and what dyes the jeans manufacturer used on the denim. My white caviar jumbo is in my closet, on a velvet hanger, stored next to a black t-shirt. No color transfer. I also wear it with jeans often and have experienced no color transfer.

Apple Garde cleaner should do the trick though. I've heard other girls here on TPF said that with the cleaner, color transfer came right off. The only exception is with white patent.

whoaaa....how scary! I just encountered the same problem with white bag and my blue jeans. But that bag isn't my chanel! If that's my chanel, my heart will be broken rite away. I have new silver chanel bag, can this color transfer problem happen to silver too? *panicking*

I hope u'll be able to clean it!

Try Apple conditioner.It even worked on some transfer on my patent bag!!Of course it's not intended for patent but still....it worked!

Also I think if you take it to Chanel directly,they won't do much.I once called up Chanel to ask how they would clean a lambskin and an SA told me that they only use eraser..nothing else fancy.I think they just don't want the responsibility of replacing your bag should anything happen,etc.

They weren't very new jeans! I washed them before and they are not cheap jeans either..
I say its a quality issue because i wore my mothers older chanel bag with jeans as well and this never happened.
I also never put my bag on my lap and i had it on my shoulder with the double strap so it didnt hang low.
I think that all designers had better quality back in the day...
Even the SA said its a quality issue because it was literally my second hour wearing it.
This definitely should not be happening so quickly.

The SA took it back and told me to get something else :sad:

I was just so upset because I wanted my beautiful white bag.

They weren't very new jeans! I washed them before and they are not cheap jeans either..
I say its a quality issue because i wore my mothers older chanel bag with jeans as well and this never happened.
I also never put my bag on my lap and i had it on my shoulder with the double strap so it didnt hang low.
I think that all designers had better quality back in the day...
Even the SA said its a quality issue because it was literally my second hour wearing it.
This definitely should not be happening so quickly.

The SA took it back and told me to get something else :sad:

I was just so upset because I wanted my beautiful white bag.

sorry I didn't expand, i say its a quality issue because my mother has a white chanel caviar classic flap for 15 years and I have worn it many times and its fine.
I have worn my mothers many times and this was just not an issue
I don't think you can compare the hybrid you had with your mother's caviar classic flap. The hybrid has distressed lambskin, if I recall correctly. Lambskin is very well known to be more prone to color transfer than caviar, which is why most opt for caviar. Caviar also wipes clean of any color transfer/stains that do happen to occur. Lambskin is much more difficult to erase any stains...

I have the same bag and have not had any issues with color transfer....but I could see how it would happen because the leather is so soft. I think that would be just the nature of a soft white leather bag, not necessarily a quality issue.

Although I will admit that I've had quality issues with it. But we won't go there.