My BE finds of the month! And some questions for you!

I think it was a pewter LM Midi? Don't know who bought it though.

I'm afraid I have no experience at all with ebay (I know!:nuts:), so I can't really give any advice as to what would be fair. Hopefully some other ladies will be able to help.

A fair amount for that much use? $75? $100 ?
But -- please do it through paypal!
File a SNAD dispute in paypal stating the damages. Take screenshots of her auctions.
Take pictures of the damages.
She may agree right away to refund you something and then you can close the claim.
If not you can escalate to a claim.
In the end if she does not refund you the agreed upon amount, paypal will force her to give you a full refund and you can send the bag back.

Hope this helps, and also stop by the tPF ebay forum.. the gals there are great with all this!

Also, stop all communication with the seller. Let paypal do the legwork for you. File the dispute/escalate to a claim. Then call paypal and explain that that the bag is well worn, and the wear and tear was not disclosed in the auction (they can look at the auction).
You should have 0 problems getting a full refund. (you may have to send the bag bag at your expense but in the past paypal has also made the seller refund shipping charges both ways. Be sweet to the paypal people and you never know!)

Again feel free to post this up in the tPF e-bay forum and the great folks there can help you as well.

Good luck. I hate sellers that lie about the condition of the items they sell.

Oh and don't close the paypal dispute until you have your refund! A trick sellers will use is that they say, "ok I will refund you, go ahead and close the dispute" Mistake -- once you close the dispute you cannot open another for the same reason.

:goodpost:this is all excellent advice. if you dont think it was worth what you paid for it, and i dont think you do i would start a claim sooner rather than later. on a postive note, all the bags i have bought from eBay have been absolutely perfect condition

I requested a partial refund and the response was not what I expected. I opened the claim and will see what happens. I didn't know what I got myself into here:wtf: The seller has started a thread about the claim in the ebay subforum. I am tempted to post pics of the wear, but really don't want the drama. I have asked Suzi what direction to take.

I have had great experience with Ebay though I hear lots of horror stories. At least it wasn't a $3000 bag!

I have had good fortune with Paypal claims when I bought fake Mulberrys a few years ago. I actually think that you will find proving condition to be NAD easier than that. Good luck and don't be cast down. I have bought quite a few bags on Ebay and found most sellers to be scrupulous about posting accurate descriptions and clear photos of wear etc.

I posted a little something, but I really think this should be disputed through Paypal. There is a lot of history with this bag and I can see this whole issue blowing up into a whole lot of drama. It is really unfortunate that this had to happen.

Personally, I had a similar situation happen to me with a very expensive item on the Bay where I was the seller and stated the product was like new but the buyer disagreed. I think she was nuts (no camparison to Sandy here), but I felt bad that she thought my description was off and refunded her money plus shipping both ways.:Push: In return, I was able to keep my perfect seller rating.;)

Last edited:
I requested a partial refund and the response was not what I expected. I opened the claim and will see what happens. I didn't know what I got myself into here:wtf: The seller has started a thread about the claim in the ebay subforum. I am tempted to post pics of the wear, but really don't want the drama. I have asked Suzi what direction to take.

I have had great experience with Ebay though I hear lots of horror stories. At least it wasn't a $3000 bag!

Post the pictures in the thread. They are impartial people there and if handled in an adult way (i.e just the facts) no further drama will ensue.. They will give their honest opinions on the matter.

Post the pictures in the thread. They are impartial people there and if handled in an adult way (i.e just the facts) no further drama will ensue.. They will give their honest opinions on the matter.

ITA ITA ITA....Pictures are better than 1,000s of words and by posting...no drama..no discourse necessary...and the truth will be evident without you saying a single word.

Or as the Dragnet's catchphrase goes..."Just the facts ma'am".:P

Although if you decide to keep it...might I recommend an aura cleansing or an exorcism...LOL

[/quote]Although if you decide to keep it...might I recommend an aura cleansing or an exorcism...LOL[/quote]

I know I shouldn't respond but I simply can't stop myself. That had me ROFL.:roflmfao:

Yes gingey! Some bad vibes going on here. Which is sad because after hearing about where the bag came from initially it had such a good aura!

Yes, from what I have read on various threads the original owner is one amazingly generous and lovely BEllenista and TPF Tootsie...and I'm so sorry you have to be subjected to this...

Sigh...I know..I had first seen it and posted on the deals and steals chat about it...don't want to go down that road...I only wish I had known about this before it fell into your hands..

I mean it...cast out the demons that are inhabiting this SMM....smudge it with sage...do feng shui...kabala rituals..whatever is needed to return the good vibes if you keep it....:nuts:

Although if you decide to keep it...might I recommend an aura cleansing or an exorcism...LOL[/quote]

I know I shouldn't respond but I simply can't stop myself. That had me ROFL.:roflmfao:[/quote]

;):heart: