My Bargain $40 Croisette patent leather flats!

lorihmatthews

A taste for the arts
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
I was browsing eBay a little while ago and I saw a pair of greatly abused Croisette flats for sale. Honestly I don't know how people cannot take care of such expensive shoes!

Anyway, these flats currently retail for about $600, so I was really apprehensive about the low price, even though the shoes didn't come with a dustbag or box. But I had them authenticated here (of course) and they're the real deal!

I guess no one wanted to take a chance on these cute flats, because I was the only bidder. When they arrived in the mail I was horrified -- the seller sent them in a mailing envelope with no padding! :nogood: I probably shouldn't have been surprised, based on their condition.

I took them to my favorite cobbler in San Francisco, and $35 later, with new red soles and black heels, they are (almost) as good as new!

DebbiNC

Live. Laugh. Love.
O.G.
Jan 25, 2012
I'm with you. Why anyone would abuse such expensive shoes is beyond me! I'm so picky about mine I won't even wear them if there is a cloud in the sky, much less if it's raining!:smile:

poppyseed

Sep 10, 2008
Congrats on such great bargain! I have done this many times - bought some pretty abbused CLs including some ballerina flats for about $25, VPs for £60 to name a few and gave them makeovers! Makes me feel great about not spending much and helping to give a pair of CLs a new life:smile: