My balenciaga bag was mistaken for a forever 21 bag

I hear you ... I live in an area which is saturated with Coach LV and Prada knockoffs ... a few weeks ago a co-worker marched into the office with an exact replica of a Fendi Spy bag and felt so relieved that I sold mine on ebay a few months prior to that... All these fakes are hurting the designers badly... I mean who want to look like they shop at a local flee market ? Gladly I haven't seen any fake Bals ... YET ... I am sure they will arrive here in no time :shucks:

Yup, they definitely will. All I know is I hope to be as patient as some of you ladies on the forum if ever I am asked or told that my luxe purchases are far from luxe :P

Yesterday I took my black gsh parttime to work and a colleague asked me if it's a genuine balenciaga. I told her it's a knock-off because I don't want people saying things behind my back. My DH thought I was too coward. He said that I shouldn't let what others may say ruin my fun of carrying authentic bags and be proud of it. Still, easier said than done. This is a small town so I'd like to remain low-profile.

Yeah, I don't go to Forever 21 very often. Not because I think I'm above it all, but because the clothes that I purchased from there fell apart after a few wears. I'd rather spend a little more and have items that I can wear for years to come.

I think the most annoying part of the interaction for me is that this guy was someone I *almost* went out on a date with, lol. We met each other at an event and talked on the phone once, but I declined a date with him because his intentions were not what I wanted. I had tried to ignore him during the train ride, but as soon as he recognized me, I think he just made that comment to be rude.

Ha! he sounds like a loser! his little comment proved it! glad you avoided that mess! lol

Yesterday I took my black gsh parttime to work and a colleague asked me if it's a genuine balenciaga. I told her it's a knock-off because I don't want people saying things behind my back. My DH thought I was too coward. He said that I shouldn't let what others may say ruin my fun of carrying authentic bags and be proud of it. Still, easier said than done. This is a small town so I'd like to remain low-profile.

I agree with you, it not about worrying about what people say, its about honesty. You dont want to be known as a liar, I admire your honesty, there are too many people passing off fakes as authentic and it says alot about the person (assuming they know it's a fake.)

I live in NYC and there are alot of fakes out there. I actually feel a little more comfortable carring an authentic bag cuz I feel like people will assume its fake and not want to rob me...kinda sad but it's NY...(im not being sterotypical-I'v seen alot, and had alot happen to me...i still loveee my city though!)

These stories are so funny! I'm not keen on talking about my bags to people who don't know about Balenciaga as they'd think I was NUTS to spend so much money on a bag! lol

Ya I don't talk to friends about it either. They always admire my purses but never ask me anymore how much. I just get the "is that new?" and the eye roll at each other like "god she spent too much again." :oh:

stuff like this probably happens a lot more than we think. it just that most people wouldn't approach a stranger about it lol. it is what it is...the majority of the population probably doesn't care about designer bags, much less recognize one that doesn't have logos :smile:

I don't think a lot of ppl notice bags anymore. I always do cause I am (obiviously) a bag person. :lol:

Next time you get that question, you need to employ the bag-slap .. :bagslap:; :lol:!!!!

Bag-slap!!! :roflmfao:

When I bought my first bal I was showing pictures to didn't want to tell her how much it cost but she knew it was a lot. All she could say was 'but it doesn't say Balenciaga on it anywhere', I kept saying that was the point and she just couldn't understand why you'd spend so much if you weren't going to flash it to the world.

I found this bag online, it's quite funny actually. It's from American Retro, I may buy it, what do you think ? It's 50€, but there is a -40% coupon on a French website, so it's cheap. It would be cool as a shopping bag, for groceries, no ? I'm not sure, it may be tacky too, lol. They made Chanel and Hermes printed bags too.

cabaspanierolgacotongri.jpg

Target once made a copy of the first, and I needed a b'day present for my niece so I bought her one, it was adorable to see a little 5 yr old carrying around what looked like a black first bag. Maybe she'll grow up to love fashion like us :smile:
That was quite some time ago! I am embarrassed to admit I bought one...I was in high school, and I had NO IDEA what a Balenciaga bag was...all I knew was that I liked it...then I found tPF, and gave it to my sister...LOL. I can't believe I actually own a First now...lol. If you would have told me then that some day I'd spend in the $1000 range for a bag, I would have tried to have you committed...lol! Now I'm the crazy one! But honestly I think Balenciaga is one of the only designer bags worth the money.

I found this bag online, it's quite funny actually. It's from American Retro, I may buy it, what do you think ? It's 50€, but there is a -40% coupon on a French website, so it's cheap. It would be cool as a shopping bag, for groceries, no ? I'm not sure, it may be tacky too, lol. They made Chanel and Hermes printed bags too.

cabaspanierolgacotongri.jpg
I think it's kind of cute...I'd use it for groceries!