My bag isn't here yet and already thinking of exchanging it I need advice.

StupidLamb

May 21, 2010
Coeur d'Alene
So I used my PCE to get the teal dotted op are sophia. That color is just tdf! But now I am thinking maybe I should have gotten the kristin hobo in blue smoke instead. The smaller size one. I have always loved that bag and I do prefer leather but on the downside it has gold hardware which I do like sometimes depending on the bag but I don't love the gold too much on that blue smoke color. I like that the you can wear the kristin cross body too though so that's another point for kristin.

Maybe I should just wait until I see my teal sophia in person? I have seen the other colors in person but not the teal and I liked them a lot.

I'm just not sure what to do. The kristin is definitely a more timeless style right?

Mariquel

O.G.
Jun 23, 2008
That would be a very difficult decision for me as I love both styles and think that they're both timeless! I just love the way the Kristin wears on my shoulder, but I love the teal color of the Sophia a little better and think the shape is classy, but then I always prefer leather so......I'm of absolutely no help.

I definitely think you should wait to see the Sophia in person though.

StupidLamb

May 21, 2010
Coeur d'Alene
That would be a very difficult decision for me as I love both styles and think that they're both timeless! I just love the way the Kristin wears on my shoulder, but I love the teal color of the Sophia a little better and think the shape is classy, but then I always prefer leather so......I'm of absolutely no help.

I definitely think you should wait to see the Sophia in person though.
The sophia will be here in a couple days. The waiting is killing me!! lol I did think about that too how it feels on my shoulder. I have not tried the sophia on or the kristin for that matter. I should have tried one on when I was at nordstroms yesterday. I didn't think to do it. I agree the color of the sophia is preferable to the blue smoke color it's so much deeper of a teal.

BellestChele

Nov 24, 2009
Personally, I like the Sophia more out of the two. I like the teal color much better than the blue smoke. I don't really care for the Kristin Hobo either.

PickyCoachLover

MoreRoseGoldPlease
Jun 9, 2010
Yeah, I vote Sophia also. I have a feeling I will be getting a Kristin (pleated or small satchel) for Christmas...and I really do not like that blue color.

I have the teal wallet, and wow...it is gorgeous! If I had it my way, I would get that Sophia and the crimson dotted!

So yeah, I say Sophia!

manolita

Oct 15, 2010
Seattle
Sophia is such wonderful design and stays up when you set her on the counter. The kristin hobo falls over and that bothers me.

melissatrv

O.G.
Feb 8, 2009
NC
I bought and returned the blue smoke Kristin satchel, though I liked the color, like you, something about the gold hardware bothered me. Only basing this on the small number of reveals of this bag here, I suspect a lot of this color will be showing up at the outlets very soon....possibly around black friday. So I would not buy the Kristin now.

StupidLamb

May 21, 2010
Coeur d'Alene
I bought and returned the blue smoke Kristin satchel, though I liked the color, like you, something about the gold hardware bothered me. Only basing this on the small number of reveals of this bag here, I suspect a lot of this color will be showing up at the outlets very soon....possibly around black friday. So I would not buy the Kristin now.
Ya, that gold hardware is killing me. I just don't like gold on that shade of blue. I love gold hardware on deeper blue shades but not this one and in general I am a silver hardware girl. All my jewelry is silver, white gold, platinum (wedding rings) so I never feel like I match completely when I have a gold hardware bag. I have some gold Coach and I have some gold jewelry pieces I throw on when I use them. Maybe I am just to anal about mixing metal colors? Probably! lol

Maybe I will get a leather sophia like nite foxx suggested! There's an idea. The crimson patent sophia is so tempting but I am worried about finger prints and again with the gold hardware.

The zebra sophia is pretty tempting but I have been trying to add color into my life since all I wear a lot of black. But I have been better about that lately. I love that zebra bag but was worried it's more trendy? Animal print seems to come around every year though.

Last edited:

melissatrv

O.G.
Feb 8, 2009
NC
^^^
Yes I think Coach designers missed the boat on this one. This color would have been so much prettier with silver hardware or even a more subdued gold. The yellow gold on this seems to give it a more greenish tinge than it should . I still like the bag and would probably pick it up at the outlet price. But did not love it as I would with silver hardware.

StupidLamb

May 21, 2010
Coeur d'Alene
^^^
Yes I think Coach designers missed the boat on this one. This color would have been so much prettier with silver hardware or even a more subdued gold. The yellow gold on this seems to give it a more greenish tinge than it should . I still like the bag and would probably pick it up at the outlet price. But did not love it as I would with silver hardware.

Totally agree. I like it but if the hardware was silver I would have been sold. Ok, I am definitely thinking that if I exchange it's going to be for either the zebra sophia or maybe the ocean maggie because it's a teal color and I was after teal or black.

Were those maggies at the outlet yet? I saw Midnight there.

lucydee

O.G.
Jun 12, 2009
New York
I would wait until you get your bag before you make any decisions to return her. You might love the dot sophia once you see her IRL. I would wait.

Apr 18, 2009
I recently purchased a Kristin satchel and although I like it very much, I do not like using it as much as my Sophia's. To me the Sophia is so easy to find things in where as the Kristin feels more like a hobo (everything goes to the bottom). They are both lovely bags, but I would wait to see if you like the Sophia.