My bag is lost!!

Swanky Mama Of Three said:
I now require insurance because Paypal sides w/ the Buyer 100% of the time if they claim they didn't get it.
All my auctions now include insurance, I had to jack the price up of my shipping because of it : (

AARRRGGHHH!!!!!! I HATE GOING TO THE POST OFFICE! I ALWAYS WAIT FOR MY MAILMAN & he picks all my things up! THere is this :wtf: VERY AWEFUL:rant: MAN that works there & somehow or other he finds SOMETHING to yell at me about!!!!:censor: I have even told him that he is a very evil man!

Anyway, I really feel that the buyer might be trying to pull one over on me! I am VERY upset...especially if I am out the money! Thank god it wasn't over $415 (It could have been A LOT WORSE!)
Kristy:flowers:

Kristy, I hope it works out for you. Can you put a scare into the buyer? Tell her you have proof of delivery and can use that as recourse with Paypal if she files a chargeback?

LOL, there are some evil men at my PO too, but I finally trained them to play nice! They used to refuse to tape up my boxes or help the next person in line while I completed a form they gave me to fill out that I didn't know I needed for the transaction. I had to yell right back at one of them in front of customers.

roey said:
Kristy, I hope it works out for you. Can you put a scare into the buyer? Tell her you have proof of delivery and can use that as recourse with Paypal if she files a chargeback?

LOL, there are some evil men at my PO too, but I finally trained them to play nice! They used to refuse to tape up my boxes or help the next person in line while I completed a form they gave me to fill out that I didn't know I needed for the transaction. I had to yell right back at one of them in front of customers.

That might be the way to go...I just hate to have a bad report with ANY of my customers...it's just really disheartening! I deal with people all over the world and then it takes just ONE to leave a bad taste!:rant:

Now I will really have to go to the Post Office every TIME! :rant:

K~~

roey said:
You know, I really wouldn't put it past the Fedex and UPS employees to steal packages when they see the return labels from high-end stores. I think there is a less of a chance of a package being stolen off a front porch and more of a chance of an actual employee stealing it, especially if signature delivery is waived.

I TOTALLY agree!!!

Swanky Mama Of Three said:
I now require insurance because Paypal sides w/ the Buyer 100% of the time if they claim they didn't get it.
All my auctions now include insurance, I had to jack the price up of my shipping because of it : (

I had a buyer file a PayPal dispute saying they never received the bag. I provided the SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION number to PayPal. You can request PROOF of Signature online if you order signature confirmation. PayPal sided in my favor because I was able to show that someone signed for it.

ALWAYS ship to the PayPal confirmed address. My shipping is a flat fee that includes insurance and signature confirmation.

ETA: Insurance is not enough. Make sure to add SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION. It's VERY important.

Smoothoprter said:
I had a buyer file a PayPal dispute saying they never received the bag. I provided the SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION number to PayPal. You can request PROOF of Signature online if you order signature confirmation. PayPal sided in my favor because I was able to show that someone signed for it.

ALWAYS ship to the PayPal confirmed address. My shipping is a flat fee that includes insurance and signature confirmation.

ETA: Insurance is not enough. Make sure to add SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION. It's VERY important.

I agree with the signature confirmation. When I use to sell on ebay, I covered myself by using priority mail with insurance and signature confirmation (that way you're covered)

It is a package lost day???

I ordered Gucci 85th anniversary Boston bag in red guccisima from neiman website. I went home and checked the Fedex tracking number it says: deliver at front door porch,no signature required. I looked around my front yard ,nothing. I asked aroud my neighbour,nothing....:hysteric:
What's up with neiman that they even dont require a signature for high end stuff? I have talked to their CS online and they have to file a lost parcel claim with fedex and then wait for another week to get my refund.I assumed they have insurance thing. Cant believe fedex just left the package there,even didnt bother to leave a door tag for next delivery.:hysteric:

I can't believe all of this! One or two, maybe. But there has been about 3 or 4 cases in the past 2 weeks! I hope you all were able to locate the packages or at least get a refund. Awful...just awful. I can't believe NM won't require signature upon delivery. Can you request this when you place an order?

Edna said:
I can't believe all of this! One or two, maybe. But there has been about 3 or 4 cases in the past 2 weeks! I hope you all were able to locate the packages or at least get a refund. Awful...just awful. I can't believe NM won't require signature upon delivery. Can you request this when you place an order?

I placed the order on Neiman website, and it is about $2500.00 bag after tax. They should have put signature request on that item for the value. I just cant believe it happened to me.

last time UPS claimed they delivered the package to my porch and turned out they put to the porch of neighbour next next door. The lady even opened the pacakge but she returned to me cuz they are all engineering books. So even the UPS claimed they put to my porch,the truth is they put to the wrong address. :yucky:

WOW :sad:
NM should change their labels so as not to reflect whom it came from.
That's just too suspect IMO. . . too ironic that all these NM boxes go missing.

Gals, I so feel for you all!! Remember my thread about me crying over my 2 lost packages!

Remember, NM (at least the store) does NOT require signature!! The SA wouldn't warn you that, leaving you thinking that for that prcie they must require a signature from you. WRONG! The truth is they don't.....I think unless you specifically ask them to require signature.......Even with overnight shipment, signature is not automatically required!

And I also agree that something just doesn't sound right and I really suspect those Fedex guys...I mean who would not want to take that box home when you see it is sent by NEIMAN MARCUS, AND SIGNATURE IS NOT REQUIRED?!?!? I have had packages left at my door before, but only the packages from NM got lost......

It was such a turn off in my 2 cases, I had no desire to even ask the SA to ship another bag in so I just asked for refund...but the whole process was not fun though, esp. that one day I basically had to yell at this jerk from NM lost prevention dept. because he told me I needed to file a claim with Fedex myself and NM has no responsibility whatsoever since NM did ship it out (oh, I still haven't complained about this jerk....he was so mean AND he doesn't even know what the hell :censor: he was talking about, I never needed to file the claim myself with Fedex AND NM processed the refund without having me wait for the result of the claim with Fedex.

But I was told by NM online that for online purchase NM always require signature no matter what....so now I don't even know who to blame.....NM said even if they require signature it is the Fedex driver discretion to leave it at the door without one if he feels that the neighborhood is safe enough, but i was told by Fedex 1800 number that they only leave the package at the door if the sender did not require signature......neither of them wants to take the blame.....and I felt like I was going around.....I am glad at least they finally refunded my money. But I swear i will not place phone order......worse case if I need a bag from other NMs I would have my local NM to order for me and ship it to my local NM for me to pick up....