My Bag Is Going Back To The Shop

sully

Bagtastic
Aug 19, 2008
:tdown: My fiance bought me a Sapphire RH Day for my birthday in August and I love it, but I'm shocked by the poor quality. In the last 2 months the black on the hardware has started to rub off, the handle has become several shades lighter than the rest of the bag, and a patch of the bag which sits under my arm has lost its gloss and colour slightly.

If there is this much wear after only 2 months, how shabby will it look after a year?!

I am very disappointed and won't be buying a Balenciaga again. :crybaby:

The handles on my FB Part Time lightened significantly after wearing her constantly for a few months

I read here that it could be due to dryness.
I used Apple Conditioner carefully a few times, and they are back to their nice rich blue again

Just a thought.... :smile:

I definitely think you can return a bag after 2 months if it is inferior and not holding up as it should!! I would do it in a heartbeat and not take no for an answer! Totally not acceptable to pay as much as we pay for these bags for them to not hold up to normal wear for years much less weeks!

Believe me, they'll be accepting it as a return come hell or high water! :cursing:

I am so angry, I was really excited about this bag, and yet the way its gone after only 2 months is rubbish. I've had bags from TopShop that have lasted far better than this.

:tdown: My fiance bought me a Sapphire RH Day for my birthday in August and I love it, but I'm shocked by the poor quality. In the last 2 months the black on the hardware has started to rub off, the handle has become several shades lighter than the rest of the bag, and a patch of the bag which sits under my arm has lost its gloss and colour slightly.

If there is this much wear after only 2 months, how shabby will it look after a year?!

I am very disappointed and won't be buying a Balenciaga again. :crybaby:

Wow, that's really sad. I would definitely take it back. Will you really never buy a Bbag again??

I really hope this doesn't turn you off Balenciaga forever. I have B'bags bags that I have worn heavily that have shown little or no wear. I have heard that the new covered hardware isn't holding up well, and certainly light colors on ANY kind of bag would be difficult, but generally I think B'bags hold up pretty well. I'm astonished that a sapphire with RH would cause you difficulty.

If you're going to return it anyway, would it be worthwhile to condition it and see if that brings it back to life?

Whatever happens, really sorry your first experience with Balenciaga wasn't what you hoped.

BlueBay- I really don't know. £500+ is a big investment to make, you know? For that money I expect a bag to look good for a very long time- at least a year. Certainly not a few months. :o(

I could condition it, Kathy, but I just don't think I should have to try and revive a £550 handbag that I've only had for 2 months. Its the principle more than anything. I love it but this level of quality is just unacceptable. I read the thread in this forum about wear and tear and the 37 pages of people complaining about poor condition really put me off too. Its really sad.

I hate to say, but balenciaga has rather poor craftmanship for bags, compared to the other luxury brands.

I mean seriously, which other luxury brands have bags that fades in colour after use? or the handle stretches? or very inconsistant colours. Say, two charbon bags show different shades.

I think its not acceptable. Balenciaga bags are not that cheap, I think there's more room for improvement.

But, I still LOVE and will continue to buy them, only wishing they can pay more attention in their making. :P :P :P

but a balenciaga isn't supposed to look prim and proper, its built to be broken in, to slouch, pick up more character etc, each is unique !
i think a good bit of conditioning may sort you out , there's a few conditioners we can get over here, the russell and bromley handbag cream is good.

Its one thing lookign slouchy and unique, Isobel, but its quite another for paint to be rubbing off and colour to be fading. Its poor quality, not individuality.

Hi Sully, I have the exact bag you have (Sapphire Day RH), and the condition of my bag after 2 months of wear is exactly the same as you have described. Our bags must have been made out of the same lamb! In fact, the bag was already in that condition when it arrived, so you could imagine how disappointed I was. Unfortunately, I ordered my bag overseas, and returning it is not an option. Having said that, I enjoy using this bag everyday, but pity it is not as pretty as it could be!