My bag got hated on

My sister-in-law has said something to that effect before and it hurt my feelings, but she doesn't understand why I like bags so much (even though in her own way she tries to keep up with me) but if my friend said that I'd really be hurt.

Geez, with friends like that...

I wonder why she feels voicing her opinion is so important it was worth hurting a friend's feelings. Sounds like she needs to learn some people skills.:tdown:

See thats thing shes usually nice, "babyish" and naive. You know one of those people that gets mad the whole week because their mom tells they never clean. So I'm surprised lately with her. She's changing or something.
Last year all my bags were coach and this year after graduating with her, getting a job and joining TPF i've been buying bags like I've always wanted. I didn't want to think she is getting jealous but she always ask me "how much did this cost?" Until I answer her! She also tells me to stop buying bags everytime I talk to her, why does she feel the need to tell me so often?
My boyfriend said that she called last Saturday and he told her that I was going to give her my new number and she said "What she got the iphone already? I would've waited for the second generation! Your girlfriends a beast!" Lately I cannot believe her!

Ugh. This girl needs a filter on her mouth. She sounds incredibly immature. You are obviously growing up and she's not. I have a feeling you will not want to deal with her behavior for much longer ... and that's OK. There are many times when friends grow apart or one of the friends becomes "toxic" and not worth your time anymore.

She obviously is envious. I may wish I could have what others have too, but I would never put down their stuff to try to make myself feel better! Even if she really didn't like the purse, she could have said "that's not something I'd pick out for myself, but it looks fab on you!" .. or something like that. I don't think I could be around that negativity for too long, you know.

In college and even throughout medical school, I have had people ask me how much such and such cost and how I can buy so much at those prices. And, it always bothered me, especially in college. I know they probably asked to later say, "OMG, Asha is such an idiot for spending $1500 on that Chanel bag". LOL

I used to stress about it because it made me feel stupid. I have even had a snooty nurse at the hospital I rotate at tell everybody, including my father that I'm a spoiled brat. I overheard her whispering to the other gals about it and I I was so hurt and started balling in my dad's office. LOL My dad felt so bad and just told me not to worry about her and that she too, was just jealous. I have never been snooty about any of the things I have and have always been EXTREMELY APPRECIATIVE. I dress the way I do because I LOVE it. I don't flaunt it and say things like, "oh did you see my new Gucci pumps?" At that, I am finishing up medical school and didn't get this far because I have all of these designer things. I got here because I cracked a book! LOL

So, that being said. IGNORE HER! You love your purchases and that's all that matters. From, what you say, it sounds like you have a very jealous friend. If that's how she is going to treat you and talk to you, then she clearly has issues of her own. Maybe you need to let her know what all is bothering you. I will give her the benefit of the doubt and maybe she doesn't even realize she is doing all of these things. Honestly we are not always going to love something that somebody has, but most of us have manners and find a tactful way to say it or compliment something else.

Either way, DO NOT WORRY ABOUT HER! I know easier said, than done, but I am sorry that she has made you feel bad. :shrugs:

Ugh. This girl needs a filter on her mouth. She sounds incredibly immature. You are obviously growing up and she's not. I have a feeling you will not want to deal with her behavior for much longer ... and that's OK. There are many times when friends grow apart or one of the friends becomes "toxic" and not worth your time anymore.

I agree with this too! It stinks, but sometimes these little things show you who your real friends are. Because real friends, wouldn't act this way and would be HAPPY for you! It took me quite a few years to figure this out, but it's part of growing up. LOL

Asking you not to bring it because she hates it is weird, but I wouldn't automatically assume she was jealous just because she feels that you have an ugly bag.

Trust me, I've thought that often and it doesn't mean I am jealous. I think people throw around "jealous" way too much.

Anyway, it was actually tasteless of HER to say that stuff. If you asked her what she thought and she said it was "Tacky" or "not her style", that is one thing but she could have just left it at that and moved on. I'd personally just ignore her. You like it and that is what matters.

Well, that's just rude. As the other tPFers have said, it was tasteless of her to say that and she should have kept it to herself. Maybe she's just jealous...but what she said doesn't sound like what "friend" would say.

I agree with most people on here also, I think your friend is jealous! Plain and simple. And what a cheek asking you to come over but not to bring your bag. I say you are old enough to do what you like and to chose what bag you want to wear! Congratulations on your new bag! :smile:

I'd be grateful!

Someone responded to me like that -- see ya!
I'd be thankful to see where they were coming from, it doesn't fit in my world -- so hasta baby and don't let my purse strap hit you on the ass on your way out the door.

I think that her comments were spiteful--definitely not something that I would take kindly coming from a good friend, or really anyone. Tell your Gucci that I think she's beautiful!!:smile:

Thank you fashionfrenzy! Obviously this issue goes way deeper than the bag, but I so wanted to hear that someone else likes the bag! LOL Believe me I wore the bag for the first time to the Pier Tuesday and all I kept thinking about was that I looked tacky and my bag looked cheap. She should have just said its not my style or something not hurt my feelings by going on and on:sweatdrop:

Tryin' to put myself in your shoes for a sec, I'd tell my friend that she's more than entitled to her opinion, but it's my bag and, well, she doesn't have to like it cos she ain't the one carrying it.

And yeah, she does sound a tad jealous, lol!

You like your bag and that's all that matters. Very cool of you not to have an emotional outburst. You're the bigger person by far.:tup: