my bag came defective...will i get a refund?

shells

will work for bags!
O.G.
Nov 20, 2007
so i ordered 2 totally gm's, in mono and azur (since they are unavailable in the store for me to try on), and they arrived yesterday. when i opened the box, the azur has an obvious scratch (not like a fingernail scratch) on the tab that says "LOUIS VUITTON PARIS" and the zipper looks improperly stitched into the bag. instead of being straight, it has a wavy appearance (which the mono does not have). i called 866-vuitton immediately, and they said to return it and it would be sent to QC for review, but i'm scared that they are going to deny my return as a quality issue. i only planned on keeping one bag, what happens if they "decide" that it was not a quality issue? how can i prove that the bag arrived in that condition (scratch)? since there's only 14 days for return, and they said this could take a couple of weeks for review, what if they say i can't return the azur and i'm past time frame for return of the mono? i really think i want the mono one after looking at both, but i'm dissapointed that the azur was shipped to me this way....

here are pics...i think that the zipper should definitely come back as a quality issue, right?? (sorry for the odd sizing, i don't usually edit on this computer!)

Attachments

• IMG_4368.jpg
    IMG_4368.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,018
  • IMG_4367.jpg
    IMG_4367.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,041
  • IMG_4365.JPG
    IMG_4365.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 980
  • IMG_4366.jpg
    IMG_4366.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 916
I'd start by taking a picture of the damaged tab area using a camera that will show date and time of the photo if possible. This would prove that the damage was there on arrival and not as a result of you using the bag. Keep this for back-up if you need to prove a claim. You might also mention in your return that you have photo evidence of the damaged condition in which the bag was shipped. Maybe in haste to restock the inventory of LV worldwide some pieces aren't up to the usual standards and are slipping through QC?

LV was really helpful when it came to my Speedy. After two months the handles started peeling! I thought I was going to have issues because I had used the bag for a little while but when I went to the store they took one look at it and on the spot exchanged it for a brand new one. I was so surprised. I figured they would make me send it out and they would have to replace the handles.

In your case, you haven't even used the bags and they can tell that you just bought them. They shouldn't give you any problems.

Have you brought the bags to a LV store yet?

i bought the bags online so they told me i should send it back immediately via fedex for review. i called them probably 20 minutes after i signed for the package so i would assume they would know that the bag was never used. i just hate being in limbo! thanks for the advice :smile:

OP, do you live near a LV boutique? I have returned stuff from the LV website at a boutique for a full refund before...they have no choice but to accept it for a refund, or an exchange if that's what you prefer.