My AWFUL experience at Macy's today.

I worked at macys and I quit! it was ridiculous. The people they hired were embarrassing (women would wear FLEECE SWEAT PANTS to WORK IN) WTF. All they did was smoke and hide in the dressing rooms so they didn't have to do anything. That, or there was some b*tchy granny who had worked there for 30 years who had no goal in life besides make people miserable. I also hated it because the staff is incompetent! This one woman I worked with was talking about their handbags and was like "heres the guccis, dooneys, coach's" i was like uhhh you guys don't sell gucci. so stupid. i quit after a few months, i couldn't deal with that ignorance.

I personally avoid Macys like the plague. Everything is such a mess and I need to travel to Los Angeles (from San Diego) to even find any worthwhile brands.

I remember in high school when Macy's merged with Kauffmans in Ohio (where I'm org. from) and they merged the stores at the local mall at the time. I think the experience was traumatic as I've never really shopped in the store since. The totally abandoned the old Macy's store and moved into a different department store in the mall (Kauffmans) and fired all the Macy's sales associates. Everyone at the store was rude IMO.

Now, nearly 6 years later there's a ginormous department store still sitting vacant in my parents town. So sad :sad:

fyi: macy's managers CAN recover gift card amounts from old "expired" gift cards. if they say no, then it is cause they simply don't know how to do it.

i used to work at macy's and saw two different managers do it.

Here is a good one, the local Macy's does not have a separate gift wrap section any longer, you just get boxes in the individual departments. So I go to purchase a Waterford Bowl and guess what? There was not a box in the store for it. FAIL... go buy a large $$$$$$ crystal bowl and go to KMart and buy a box???? NOT :sad:

I just emailed the cs so I will see what they say.

I used to hate Macy's, but have met a few associates that are great in the departments I shop. So, my experience has become more positive. With their coupons, I get the best price son clothes for myself and the kids.

Here is a good one, the local Macy's does not have a separate gift wrap section any longer, you just get boxes in the individual departments. So I go to purchase a Waterford Bowl and guess what? There was not a box in the store for it. FAIL... go buy a large $$$$$$ crystal bowl and go to KMart and buy a box???? NOT :sad:

I just emailed the cs so I will see what they say.

The bowl just comes loose? How are you supposed to take it out of the store even?