my awesome find! *GOYARD TRUNK, Beauty Case and Suitcase!* Vintage* and Perfect!

Thank You! Yes the large trunk is being used as a side table/end table.. I've been to busy to get a glass top for it just yet, but its on my to do list. I'm adding a new pic, with a sweet little coffee table book, that was a must have for me, since I got the trunks. The "Louis Vuitton: 100 Legendary Trunks".. It finally arrived in the LV boutique, and I had to pick it up. The book itself is tucked into a hard cover monogrammed sleeve, with hotel stickers/labels printed on the cover/sleeve, its a large book, quite heavy, 500 pages, of beautiful photographs, along with stories.. I love both designers, they look great together in this pic.

Im waiting to get cozy on the couch with a nice cup of Chai tea and start reading.. and admiring, and day dreaming.. :cloud9:

Thanks again! I really enjoyed reading all your sweet words! :hugs:

Attachments

• IMG_4211AndyLVoe.jpg
    IMG_4211AndyLVoe.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 654
I was completely surprised to have found it here in Alberta.. My thinking says I can only find cool things like this in Europe! I would complain to my husband, while looking at pictures of vintage LV trunks online, seeing how all the trunks were in New York, or Europe, somewhere far far away.. I'd say, 'I'm never going to find a vintage trunk'. Let alone a Goyard trunk, I didnt even imagine that! So with that in mind, I dont usually go to antique shops here, that's once in a blue moon, and I dont normally look at auction listings here either, but I did the other day, it was up on Sept 12, I saw it Sept 14th, after a quick consult with my husband, I decided it was time.. My 40th birthday is October 7th.. I had money saved up for whatever fun thing came along (I was considering ordering a bespoke Burberry Coat) .. and then this treasure came up. My timing was perfect. Thanks so much for letting me talk about it, Im so excited, when I woke up this morning I thought I had dreamt it all.. then realized nope! I have my trunk!

I love hearing the story behind every incredible find and yours just made my day :smile:. Congrats and what amazing presents to have for your upcoming birthday.

I havent posted on here for a long time, though I really wanted to share, my new find, with people who appreciate these things the way I do. I'm very happy with my find, I feel like I found treasure, my timing was perfect, and I found it here where I live so there was no shipping involved, and I was able to see it and feel it and smell it.
The person before me had bought it in Holland, and the people before him are unknown, though the first class voyage tickets, with the name 'Miss Nancy May', 'W.A. May' give me a good idea of who owned it, she was well travelled, hotel stickers, and Ship/Steamer stickers on the suitcase, indicate she was in Liverpool England, New York, 'Venezia', Russia, Oslo ?, Sorrento, and a few other places I cant make out.. Their is one sticker from a ship or steamer she travelled on, saying she stayed in a first class stateroom, with the room number, has the sailing date, that says 1953, destination The Ritz Towers in N.Y., and her name. She also has the letters W painted /monogrammed on the suit case, and the beauty case. I think its so interesting. I cant say she owned all three pieces at once, but for sure the suitcase was hers..

I was originally looking for just a trunk (always looking), the idea that I found a trunk, suitcase and beauty case, blows me away! They're in amazing condition, beautiful patina, the Goyard canvas is also in great shape! the interior of the trunk is amazing still has all of the inserts for packing, and the suitcase has its yellow/orange interior with an insert, the beauty case, has a dull orange interior, the leather straps looped for holding whatever perfume bottles or make up. All the brass hardware and leather trim is in gorgeous condition, considering the age, there is no major water damage spots or anything.. some minor scratches and dents.. but I love every bit of it! It has so much character.
Ok.. pictures... :yahoo::cloud9::love:
Amazing collection.