My attempt at adding a shoulder chain strap to my Westminster flap: Yeah, it worked!!

Wow, thank you for your generosity in sharing all this info. I am not much taller than you and I don't think that I would want to wear this one cross body either. But I'll do the test to see what length I should order. Once again, thank you so much for sharing!

You are welcome! I am glad to share my experience. It's only right to share since i got the inspiration from another tpfer. Oh yes, i used the code ESIGNUP and got a 10% discount. Today, they sent me another 10% off code THANKYOU. Feel free to use the discount codes. I hope you'll like the additional chain as much as i do. The chain is a bit heavy as with all metal chains. It is definitely sturdy, so worries about broken chains. :smile:

This is how that part of the chain looks where I transferred one of the small rings from one end of the chain to another part of the chain so that I can hook on it to shorten the drop. The small ring blends in quite well with the chain when I wear it with the longer length drop, so it's no big deal to me that there is an extra small thing on the chain. Moreover it is on my back quite high up and I have long hair which covers that part of the chain.

Attachments

• 1395110880856.jpg
    1395110880856.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 589
Thanks! I am glad that y'all liked the idea! :smile:

this is a great idea! thanks for sharing!

Great idea!

your bag is gorgeous and it's such a splendid idea! thanks for sharing dear!

This is so awesome to read all your helpful details about a chain strap, Valentine2014!!! I just got a bag that didn't come with a shoulder strap, so this will be perfect for me!!! :smile:

Fabulous! I am happy to hear you had a great experience with them. I just ordered a strap for a DIY project (the Perfume Bottle Bag) from them as well and although they estimated 1-3 weeks for delivery, I got an email that my strap shipped the very next day. I ordered a "Chanel" strap with the leather woven thru the chain so I am hoping the quality is as good as yours is. Enjoy your crossbody, it looks great!

I attached the new chain to my W flap. Et voila! It works! Now, my W flap can be carried over the shoulder! So, what do i do with the five chains of the flap? Check out the four photos below. I think the five chains can be placed at different places and at different drop lengths to give the W flap a different look. What do u think?

Great job Val!!!