My alexa has arrived!

Little wolf

Mar 30, 2010
Hooray! My first Mulberry arrived a couple of days ago- very very quick delivery on Harrods part. I absolutely love love love it!- its the perfect size for what I was after and a really beautiful colour. I was worried the oversized would be a little too big but its just right and fits so much. It will be perfect for my travels! I have not taken her out much yet as I want to spray her a couple of times first as the weather is beastly. I need to go to Mulberry tomorrow an by some Collonil. But so far, I am so pleased and can see why everyone on here loves theirs! The leather is super soft and nicely grained which I hope means it will age well. The only thing I am concerned about is colour transfer. Has anyone experienced this with the ink alexa? I have a beautiful vintage white dress I am dying to wear it with but I would hate for any dye to rub off onto it.

photo.jpg

Oooh, it looks perfect, both leather and colour.
The size looks great on you too!

There is a thread somewhere on which products people have used on their Alexas, might be worth a search to find out? :smile:

Fab 1st Alexa!!
Enjoy :biggrin:

Wow what a gorgeous inky alexa. She looks great on you.
Ive used mine for a week now and so far no colour transfer in either direction, but I haven't worn her against white clothes.

Beautiful! It looks great on you. Mine is oak leopard print and I have not had any colour transfer either way with it. Have not had any with my blueberry drew mini messenger (seen in my avatar pic) either and it is a bright shade. Fingers crossed for you that it will be ok. Maybe trial run and wear it with something you own that is less precious and white (or even buy a £6 primark white skirt just for the purpose!) so you know what to expect before you team it with your vintage white dress.

Congratulations! xx

thats great advice- I'll do a little test run to see! Can't wait to test drive her properly- hoping that it will stop raining at some point this weekend :smile: I thought very long and hard about buying such an expensive bag- the most I have ever spent is £450 and that seemed like a lot! But I was so drawn to the style of the alexa that it seemed worth it- I figured would have spent the next couple of month regretting it if I hadn't taken the plunge :smile: