my account has been compromised!

alindamay

Oct 16, 2006
Help! There is someone using my account to sell stuff that I never put up there! What do I do? I changed all my passwords but I want to report the F**cker. Is there a number I can call? LIve chat isnt working for me...
Ugh!

When you contact eBay they will actually close all auctions under your name (I think). I would contact the people who are bidding on YOUR items to let them know what has happened.

You likely got Phished. Be VERY VERY careful of any e-mails from PayPal, eBay or your bank. DO NOT click on the links as likely they're phishing e-mails trying to steal your passwords and compromise your account. Call eBay immediately. If you get an e-mail from any of those sites, forward them to eBay/Paypal/Your Bank and they'll tell you if it's legit or not.

It just happened to me today too. I've been a member since 2001 and this is the first time something like this has ever happened to me. I logged in today and received a message from another fellow Ebayer telling me my account is being abused. My account was selling a phantom bicycle that did not belong to me. I immediately contacted Ebay, had the listing removed and changed all my passwords on Ebay, my linked email account as well as my paypal account. It's so scary. And I think I know the reason how this happened too.
A few days ago I has listed a want it now ad and responded to a response from an anonymous ebayer. I should have known better. Needless to say, I also removed this want it now as well. Keeping my finger crossed that everything is in the clear now.

That happened to my sister's account once a while back. She received a phishing email from eBay (well, not eBay exactly) stated her account will be suspended if she did not log in to update her info, or something like that. Then she clicked on the "log in" button from the email and brought her to the sign in page.

Her password was given away to scammers just like that. She then found out there were many items in there that did not belong to her, and she certainly did not list them. She contacted eBay and removed them and reset her password and info.