My Abbey is so heavy :(

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I love this bag, my vintage leather abbey, but empty the purse has some weight, once i get my wallet and other essentials in the bag i swear it weighs almost 10 pounds. I'm also having some issues about how easily it scratches. Is it supposed to be like that?

2. I'm so sorry to hear that!

I've tried on the Abbey before, and is such a gorgeous bag but it does have some weight to it. I can't carry heavy bags..I end up getting headaches and backaches from them...but other people carry Abbey, Miranda and Lily with no problem at all.

Did you just get it? It may take you some time to get used to it but if it discourages you from carrying it, you might need to exchange it for something else that's a bit lighter.

Good luck!

3. I did just get it, I love everything about it, just the weight is ridiculous. I feel like I can't carry it on shopping excursions or anywhere where i'll be holding it
    for most of the day.

4. The vintage leather bags do scratch. You can rub the scratches with your fingers and let your body oils lighten them.

5. I'm sorry to hear this! The Abbey is my absolute FAVORITE bag!! I would say favorite bag ever, but that's always subject to change, lol! I own both the black and tobacco, and also the tobacco satchel. The tobacco does scratch VERY easily...haven't noticed that so much with my black one, though. Usually the oil in your fingers will remove the scratches when you rub, but you can take a tiny bit of Apple conditioner and remove them if your fingers don't work. I've used both methods successfully. I actually like the distressed character of the bag, but if you're bothered by the weight and scratching, then yeah, might want to consider selling it or returning it (if you bought it at a store).

As for the weight, I don't find it's as heavy as my Gigi or XL lily, but it does have some weight. I'm used to carrying heavy bags, though, so since the weight is distributed well, it doesn't bother me as much. The Gigi and Lily bother me a bit more because of the double straps but not so much because of the weight.