My $90, like-new Hillier Hobo. Thanks Diego!

ruthfmc

Apr 15, 2008
Here are pics of my Hillier Hobo, back from MJ repairs. I still can't believe that I bought this baby for only $90! Even though it's the smaller one, I can still wear it messenger style, which is a huge plus for me - I don't have any other messenger-style bag! The hardware is silver, and the leather is thick, pebbled and chewy! For the record, I'm 5"5, about 120 pounds.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0226.jpg
    IMG_0226.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 587
  • IMG_0228.jpg
    IMG_0228.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 579
  • IMG_0229.jpg
    IMG_0229.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 578
looks great! $90? what a lucky score. how did you manage that?

I bought it on Ebay knowing that it was likely damaged (a TPF member messaged to say that they had bought the same bag from the same seller...and returned it cuz the "O" rings were broken). I had already bought the bag with a Best Offer of $90 (I think it was listed at $250)...and the seller had a guaranteed return policy, so I knew I didn't have much to lose.

When the bag arrived, the "O" rings were indeed broken, but the rest of the bag was in excellent condition. So, I emailed Diego and he told me to send it along for repair. Shipping cost me about $15 (from Canada), and the repair was free! So, truthfully, the bag was more like $110...still a great deal though! And the repair only took about 2 weeks!

Ruth, I'm so glad things worked out for you!
(I bookmarked the seller in hopes I'll somehow manage a great score like you had with your Hillier!)

It looks great on you, did Diego just fix the rings for you? Do you know if they fix any MbMJ bags or just recent ones?

Ruth, I'm so glad things worked out for you!
(I bookmarked the seller in hopes I'll somehow manage a great score like you had with your Hillier!)

It looks great on you, did Diego just fix the rings for you? Do you know if they fix any MbMJ bags or just recent ones?

Thanks Telicious. I bought another bag from that same seller (a Gustto Baca for only $70!), and it wasn't entirely as described. It had a few marks, but I still ended up keeping it because the price was so good. So...if you don't mind taking a bit of a risk (they do have a good return policy), then you might score a good deal!

Someone from TPF encouraged me to contact Diego. Apparently, the problem with the "O" rings was some type of flaw in the design that he was already aware of. I don't know what their repair policies are, but he was an absolute pleasure to deal with.