My 500th Post... it's only fitting that it be SPECIAL!!

Congrats JBug!

My violet city with GSH is coming soon. Im currently in the process of choosing btwn the violet city with the GGH and the GSH. just wondering how you made a choice btwn those??? i cannot decide...so far about roughly 60% of tpfers say GSH...my GGH bag actually came in BNY today and im thinking of passing it up for the GSH. what do you think?

OHH>>> I DID just see those gorgeous Violet GGH pics on the other thread.. very pretty... and REGAL!!

It's funny that this was ONE decision that I'd pretty much made prior to even seeing the bags!! (normally I waffle back and forth with indecision - especially after SEEING all the choices!)

I'd actually decided that I wanted ONE bag with GSH.(for now at least)...and my personal preference with silver would be a darker bag..... black.. or violet... since black will "be around" (I don't YET have a black b-bag) Violet it was!! And, I've always been drawn more the purple/silver combo's in jewelry etc...
I DO tend to accessorize more with silver than gold... and since I have an GGH Aqua part-time... and a GGH Cafe Day...I wanted some additional VARIETY!!! Along with that line of thinking... I intend on my spring 08 bag choices to be with regular hardware!

but as someone else said... "I reserve the right to change my mind"!:P

WHEN I AM AN OLD WOMAN I SHALL WEAR PURPLE

With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick the flowers in other people's gardens
And learn to spit

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat

And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
Or only bread and pickle for a week
And hoard pens and pencils and beer mats and things in boxes

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry

And pay our rent and not swear in the street
And set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?

So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

Taken from the book

When I Am An Old Woman I Shall Wear Purple
Edited by Sandra Martz

Paper Mache Press--Watsonville, California 1987

I'm startin' now!!:flowers:

attachment.php

jbug, did LVR send you tracking info after they notified you that your bag was being shipped? does Fedex contact you to sign the customs papers before, or after LVR ships it? thanks!

jbug, did LVR send you tracking info after they notified you that your bag was being shipped? does Fedex contact you to sign the customs papers before, or after LVR ships it? thanks!

Yes.. within a day or two I was e-mailed shipping info. with tracking number from LVR. And a few days after that I received the Phone call from Fed Ex Trade...who e-mailed me the form to fill out and sign so that the bag could clear customs.. had the bag either the next day or day after that!

WHEN I AM AN OLD WOMAN I SHALL WEAR PURPLE

With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick the flowers in other people's gardens
And learn to spit

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat

And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
Or only bread and pickle for a week
And hoard pens and pencils and beer mats and things in boxes

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry

And pay our rent and not swear in the street
And set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?

So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

Taken from the book

When I Am An Old Woman I Shall Wear Purple
Edited by Sandra Martz

Paper Mache Press--Watsonville, California 1987

I'm startin' now!!:flowers:

attachment.php
:rolleyes: love this! Me too! I want to start wearing purple now for practice! Well, I already started! :yahoo:

these Violet SGH works are KILLING me!!! and my wallet! congrats! you look great! and the magenta purse.... well... I'm just a little speechless... BIG CONGRATS on both!

Thanks for all of your sweet comments.. from the threads it looks like there's already QUITE a Violet club starting and more to come!!

Addicated ali I hear ya girl!! I'm SOO banned until the spring colors come out!!

Mintpearl GO PURPLE!! I saw your new GORGEOUS RH WORK and those comparison pics are GREAT!!

Mizfoxy They contact me after shipment.. and i had it within a day after that

Thanks for all of your sweet comments.. from the threads it looks like there's already QUITE a Violet club starting and more to come!!

Addicated ali I hear ya girl!! I'm SOO banned until the spring colors come out!!

Mintpearl GO PURPLE!! I saw your new GORGEOUS RH WORK and those comparison pics are GREAT!!

Mizfoxy They contact me after shipment.. and i had it within a day after that

Jbug! :tup: for PURPLE!!!! Go to the reference section and post your pic of violet on the "Five Star VIOLET club" thread! We now have an official violet 07 club!!! :yahoo:I would love to see all the violets in the same place!!!