My 5 month repair nightmare!

candac3mari3

C'est la vie!
O.G.
Sep 20, 2007
Back in January I took my empriente twice in for glazing issues on the strap. I also noticed that the bag was sewn very crooked. The repair manager agreed that there was something wrong with the strap and they would replace it for free, but the way the bag was sewn/shaped was because of the way I put my things inside the bag and I needed to "rotate things inside" to "stretch the other side out" .... which made no sense. But I loved the twice and could deal with it since it had been discontinued.
Fast forward 2 weeks and I get the bag bag from repair and the new strap is TOO SHORT. My original twice had 7 holes on the strap and the new one had only 5 holes. I hadn't even left the store and told them something was wrong with it. The repair manager basically told me I was crazy and the twice never had a 7 hole strap. And if I wanted the strap to hang lower on me I should take it to a tailor and have them punch extra holes in it .
I then took the bag to another local LV and they agreed with me and said somewhere they messed up on the repair but I had to take it back to the original store that sent it out for repair.

I was so frustrated at this point I took the bag back and they said they would "look into it" . They call me not even an hour later and say I'm pretty much out of luck there is no such thing as a 7 hole strap and so on. (I doubt she even looked into it)
After doing my research on here and with friends that have the same bag I now know that there indeed were 2 different versions of the twice that had 5 or 7 holes on the strap. So I prepared myself with all the info and called corporate. The first person that was helping me said the same thing as the store, there was no 7 hole strap blah blah. The second person that was helping me contacted the repairs department and they said they threw the old strap away - too bad so sad. And then that client service advisor went on bedrest and wasn't working anymore.
I finally got another advisor at corporate that went above and beyond to help me.
She also researched and saw that there were 2 versions of the strap. When she contacted the repairs department they told her "oh well" we threw the old strap away so we can't even check. She then escalated to her supervisors boss and they came to the conclusion that something went wrong and this should have all been resolved by the repair manager at my store when I took it back to them.
So 5 months later and they finally said I could take the bag in as damaged and get a store credit because the twice is discontinued. If they would have fixed this issue 4 months ago I would have had a chance at still finding another

Oh my gosh, what a traumatic ordeal you went through! One question though, If they stopped making the strap with 7 holes and now only make it with 5, why couldn't you just listen to their advice and go to a tailor. Seems like a win win for you so that you could have kept the discontinued bag and it would have been long enough. In the end, it sounds to me like they damaged out the bag to just end the ordeal (on their end). Just as an FYI, if they no longer make a 7 hole strap on a discontinued bag, they are not going to make one especially for you. I know it's frustrating, but they are clearly not going to jump through hoops on a $1400 discountinued bag. Enjoy your store credit and hopefully you will be able to find another piece with a 7 hole strap. I'm crossing my fingers for you!

Oh my gosh, what a traumatic ordeal you went through! One question though, If they stopped making the strap with 7 holes and now only make it with 5, why couldn't you just listen to their advice and go to a tailor. Seems like a win win for you so that you could have kept the discontinued bag and it would have been long enough. In the end, it sounds to me like they damaged out the bag to just end the ordeal (on their end). Just as an FYI, if they no longer make a 7 hole strap on a discontinued bag, they are not going to make one especially for you. I know it's frustrating, but they are clearly not going to jump through hoops on a $1400 discountinued bag. Enjoy your store credit and hopefully you will be able to find another piece with a 7 hole strap. I'm crossing my fingers for you!
I never wanted them to just magically have a 7 hole strap. My whole issue was them telling me it was never made- and yet it obviously was. I would have even taken the damaged one back, but they didn't follow protocol and keep it for xx amount of time. (This is what client services told me) and had the repairs manager at the store not just totally passed me off I probably could have found a replacement back in jan/feb before they were completely sold out.
Also- I would never take it to a tailor to have holes put in. I originally bought the bag after trying on many different crossbodys and it was the one that fit the best, so why after they made a mistake should I take the risk of potentially ruining the entire bag?!?

If I were you, I would just stop with the rant and go forward from here. There's nothing you can do about it now. and you are going to drive yourself crazy about the "what if's" in January, etc. They are supposed to be redesigning the twice, maybe you will like the new one better, maybe not, but at the end of the day its a HANDBAG, nothing more, nothing less. This is not to minimize your truly traumatic ordeal, but in case you haven't noticed, there are bigger things going on in the world than a 5/7 hole cross body strap debate.

ha ha ha...have to laugh, good point but you are going to make her more pissed. Totally understand how upset would be if my favorite things got back not as expected.

You are right and I can understand where she is coming from as well. I also can't stand when know it all SA's, or whoever, try to tell me I was mistaken. I hope she can release her frustration on a new (and better) non-defective bag! We just need to take a deep breath and see that these types of problems pale in comparison to real world, life altering "nightmares" that plague people that are less fortunate than us here on this forum. We should count our blessings that we have 1st world problems.

If I were you, I would just stop with the rant and go forward from here. There's nothing you can do about it now. and you are going to drive yourself crazy about the "what if's" in January, etc. They are supposed to be redesigning the twice, maybe you will like the new one better, maybe not, but at the end of the day its a HANDBAG, nothing more, nothing less. This is not to minimize your truly traumatic ordeal, but in case you haven't noticed, there are bigger things going on in the world than a 5/7 hole cross body strap debate.
I can't help but to roll my eyes..... simply relaying my frustrations on a board about handbags.... not Worldy issues.

i adore my twice. i purchased it preloved but it was brand new (with 7 holes), so you can still find them brand new if you look around. they also just released the Saint Michel, which is very similar to the Twice and *could* be the replacement for it, if a redesign doesn't come. sorry for your experience... but glad it's all sorted. it's ok to fight for what you believe in. i get stressed fast and would have given up much faster than you did.

Back in January I took my empriente twice in for glazing issues on the strap. I also noticed that the bag was sewn very crooked. The repair manager agreed that there was something wrong with the strap and they would replace it for free, but the way the bag was sewn/shaped was because of the way I put my things inside the bag and I needed to "rotate things inside" to "stretch the other side out" .... which made no sense. But I loved the twice and could deal with it since it had been discontinued.
Fast forward 2 weeks and I get the bag bag from repair and the new strap is TOO SHORT. My original twice had 7 holes on the strap and the new one had only 5 holes. I hadn't even left the store and told them something was wrong with it. The repair manager basically told me I was crazy and the twice never had a 7 hole strap. And if I wanted the strap to hang lower on me I should take it to a tailor and have them punch extra holes in it .
I then took the bag to another local LV and they agreed with me and said somewhere they messed up on the repair but I had to take it back to the original store that sent it out for repair.

I was so frustrated at this point I took the bag back and they said they would "look into it" . They call me not even an hour later and say I'm pretty much out of luck there is no such thing as a 7 hole strap and so on. (I doubt she even looked into it)
After doing my research on here and with friends that have the same bag I now know that there indeed were 2 different versions of the twice that had 5 or 7 holes on the strap. So I prepared myself with all the info and called corporate. The first person that was helping me said the same thing as the store, there was no 7 hole strap blah blah. The second person that was helping me contacted the repairs department and they said they threw the old strap away - too bad so sad. And then that client service advisor went on bedrest and wasn't working anymore.
I finally got another advisor at corporate that went above and beyond to help me.
She also researched and saw that there were 2 versions of the strap. When she contacted the repairs department they told her "oh well" we threw the old strap away so we can't even check. She then escalated to her supervisors boss and they came to the conclusion that something went wrong and this should have all been resolved by the repair manager at my store when I took it back to them.
So 5 months later and they finally said I could take the bag in as damaged and get a store credit because the twice is discontinued. If they would have fixed this issue 4 months ago I would have had a chance at still finding another

Hope you find a new bag you love just as much with your store credit. Sounds like you were treated really badly, them altering your bag and then telling you to take it somewhere else to rectify the problem is appalling customer service.

I always find it funny when people go on a handbag forum and comment on someones thread with something along the lines of 'it's just a handbag, there are more important things to worry about'... It's like yeah but handbags are what we're all here to talk about. You know there are plenty of websites you can read the news on if such frivolousness is beneath you.

I always find it funny when people go on a handbag forum and comment on someones thread with something along the lines of 'it's just a handbag, there are more important things to worry about'... It's like yeah but handbags are what we're all here to talk about. You know there are plenty of websites you can read the news on if such frivolousness is beneath you.

Of course you would be talking about handbags on a handbag forum, that's not where the 1st world comment stemmed from. My opinion, like it or not, was regarding her 2 page rant where she, in the end, got a full credit from LV, then went on another rant that the credit should have come sooner before it was discontinued, with probably the newer 5 hole strap that she didn't want anyway. Let us just agree to disagree. Have a great night!

LV no longer has the strap with the 7 holes in their stock for repair? That's crazy considering that a lot of people like myself bought it with the 7 holes. If u send something in for repairs (esp if ur paying) it should come back the same. Also for LV to suggest that u take it some place to punch extra holes is ridiculous since they know once you take it outside of LV and someone else touches it LV will NEVER touch the bag again. I understand ur frustration- I would be pretty upset too. A credit is a good gesture but I understand being upset if you really like your bag and it's discontinued and they screwed the repair up. I hope u find something else you like with ur credit.