my ~$479~ plum YSL Tribute tote!

that is so pretty cosmo and the price is crazy !! Congrats on fabulous bag with such a fabulous price :nuts: I love purple pls post modelling pics im drooling :drool:

:ty:Thank you everyone for your kind comments! I'm so psyched about this bag. I didn't have anything purple in my collection before, so this Tribute really helps round it out. Good luck with your post-holiday sales shopping!

Are discounts not consistent across boutiques? I went into the ysl boutique in DC and all the muses are at full price, even the older colors. The SA told me that muses never go on sale. Just curious since I'm hearing about all these great deals!

Ladies, its definitely worth calling around to YSL boutiques to see if they have a sale bag that you are interested in!!!!! :tup:

Here is the link to the boutique addresses/phone numbers:

http://www.ysl.com/us/en/StoreLocator.aspx

When I was at the 57th Street boutique last Friday, this is what they had on sale that I can remember:
--Large Tribute: one purple (besides the one I bought)
--Small Tribute: two olive green
--Large Downtown: one purple patent, one silver
--Medium Downtown: two olive green deerskin (without pockets on outside)
--Overseas: bunch of these in navy, olive

Do you by chance recall the price on the small Tributes?

Your bag is stunning. I love it with the scarf, it's so festive!

fjinadu76: in post #12, foxycleopatra notes that Muses rarely get deeply discounted. Also, I know from experience that the YSL boutique in Saks Jandel in Chevy Chase sometimes does seem to go its own way.

Grace123: I'm sorry, I didn't notice the price on the small Tributes. But its gotta be pretty low, considering the price on my large.

GO GO GO!!!!!! :nuts:

haha, so I went. And bought nothing. Oh well. But this is what I saw on the sale shelves:

1 Large Navy Deerskin Downtown (the model w/o outside pockets) is now about $1100.
1 Medium Brown Deerskin Downtown
1 Medium Olive Deerskin Downtown
a couple of medium canvas Downtowns (no pocket)
1 Small Olive Buffalo Tribute.
1 Large Light Brown Buffalo Downtown (w/ pocket)
1 reversible tote (purple to silver)

There were a couple of other things too. sorry, didn't get the prices on most of these.

If anyone has info on the Madison Ave boutique in NYC, I'd love to know! :yes:

fjinadu76: in post #12, foxycleopatra notes that Muses rarely get deeply discounted. Also, I know from experience that the YSL boutique in Saks Jandel in Chevy Chase sometimes does seem to go its own way.

Grace123: I'm sorry, I didn't notice the price on the small Tributes. But its gotta be pretty low, considering the price on my large.

Thanks anyway! I'm going to see if I can give them a call tomorrow and check it out. Just what I don't need..another bag, especially after I went a little whacko on Prada this month! :nuts:

haha, so I went. And bought nothing. Oh well. But this is what I saw on the sale shelves:

1 Large Navy Deerskin Downtown (the model w/o outside pockets) is now about $1100.
1 Medium Brown Deerskin Downtown
1 Medium Olive Deerskin Downtown
a couple of medium canvas Downtowns (no pocket)
1 Small Olive Buffalo Tribute.
1 Large Light Brown Buffalo Downtown (w/ pocket)
1 reversible tote (purple to silver)

There were a couple of other things too. sorry, didn't get the prices on most of these.

If anyone has info on the Madison Ave boutique in NYC, I'd love to know! :yes:

^^^Sounds like the purple items were the first to go. The SA who helped me didn't expect them to last for more than a few hours...