My 3/29 Reveal

mrs.JC

LV and Let LV
O.G.
Jun 18, 2010
Hi all. Yesterday after work, DH and I stopped by our local boutique.

I walked in thinking for sure I was going to buy the new Azur Neo Noe in Rose Poudre, but I realized after seeing it in person that I actually prefer the bag in the Monogram print, which I already had. I also didn't like the blue one (and don't recall seeing the yellow) enough to buy. The Saintonge was really cute, too, but I know from experience that I would worry constantly about the plate getting scratched, or the tassels being ripped off, even though I'm reasonably careful with my bags. I also decided against it because I still want a Gucci Soho Disco, which is nearly $600 cheaper.

What I purchased instead was the Pochette Felicie in Eau de Rose. I am, and have always been, a sucker for light pinks and with Spring/Summer on the horizon, and other reasons I will go into further below, I decided to go for it.

329A.jpg

329B.jpg

What I love about this bag?

1) The price, in relation to its size. In HI, I paid only $1,070 before taxes. I thought this was very reasonable for a small bag, which is a class of bag I have been lacking in my collection for some time. My DE Favorite MM is the only other small bag in my collection.

2) I love that everything is detachable/removable. The pink card holder, the Azur (bill?) pouch, even the chain can be taken out and used separately. I can use the chain for another bag if I want to or use a different strap/chain; I can stick the pouches in my Azur NF pouch if I want to. I almost feel like I got a bag and accessories.

3) Similar to #2, I can remove the chain and use it as a cute clutch. I can even take out the inserts if I want to, and use a ZCP or key pouch.

4) I love the size. It can fit either of my phones (I tested it with my work iPhone w/ Otterbox case and my personal Galaxy 8, also w/ Otterbox case and both fit - not at the same time though) even with the card holder/pouch inside. This is a huge deal for me because I cannot be bothered to hand carry my phone, and I'm also very forgetful. I've lost small, handheld cameras in the past.

5) The Felicie Pochette small enough that I can toss it into a bigger purse, such as my Azur Neverfull and/or Speedy and use it as a SLG. It's similar to the Azur Pochette Accessories, but is a dressier version with pink leather that comes with the chain strap and two inserts.

6) I've been a big fan of Azur for years but only recently became brave enough to buy and use. Unlike my DA Galliera (a gift from just before it was discontinued), I don't have to worry about a plate/hardware getting scratched up, and unlike my DA Speedy and Neverfull, I don't have to worry about the vachetta. The only thing I have to be careful about is color transfer, but this is something I've yet to experience.

7) The obvious thing I like is that this is a beautiful purse. In the time it took me to inspect the floor model (and my own) and get rung up, two tourists (friends) and parents looking to purchase a birthday gift for their daughter also asked to see (and purchase!) the Felicie Pochette. I noticed that on the US website, this item sold out overnight.

8) A minor thing is that mine is Made in France. I didn't care in the past where my items are made, but I admit it was pretty neat to get one of these since most of my most recent bags were made here in the U.S.

What don't I like?

1) This is a structured bag, and I think you have to be careful about how you open it because the flaps are cornered and are fairly thin/soft, meaning they may warp over time. Also definitely a bag that may lose its shape if you regularly put heavy things on top of it, or don't store it properly.

2) You have to be careful about the pink leather getting scratched up or damaged. It is very light colored, smooth and soft with no texture, so any blemish will be obvious. Things that come to mind are nail marks, scratches, imprints, ink stains. In this way I almost wish I had gotten the Monogram or DE print, though I think the Azur/Rose is lovelier.

3) Have to be a little more careful about color transfer, but this is with any DA/light colored bags, even leather. I actually held off on buying the beige rose Gucci Disco Soho for this reason. I am very careful with my light pink Balenciaga after experiences with my old Coach bags as a teen.

4) Chain isn't adjustable, obviously an issue with all/most chains. This isn't a dealbreaker though because you can easily detach the chain and use another chain/strap if you wish, or forego the chain/strap altogether. This is also a small/light enough bag that you can probably get away with an inexpensive one from Amazon, Etsy, or Target.

Thanks for letting me share!

Hi all. Yesterday after work, DH and I stopped by our local boutique.

I walked in thinking for sure I was going to buy the new Azur Neo Noe in Rose Poudre, but I realized after seeing it in person that I actually prefer the bag in the Monogram print, which I already had. I also didn't like the blue one (and don't recall seeing the yellow) enough to buy. The Saintonge was really cute, too, but I know from experience that I would worry constantly about the plate getting scratched, or the tassels being ripped off, even though I'm reasonably careful with my bags. I also decided against it because I still want a Gucci Soho Disco, which is nearly $600 cheaper.

What I purchased instead was the Pochette Felicie in Eau de Rose. I am, and have always been, a sucker for light pinks and with Spring/Summer on the horizon, and other reasons I will go into further below, I decided to go for it.

329A.jpg

329B.jpg

What I love about this bag?

1) The price, in relation to its size. In HI, I paid only $1,070 before taxes. I thought this was very reasonable for a small bag, which is a class of bag I have been lacking in my collection for some time. My DE Favorite MM is the only other small bag in my collection.

2) I love that everything is detachable/removable. The pink card holder, the Azur (bill?) pouch, even the chain can be taken out and used separately. I can use the chain for another bag if I want to or use a different strap/chain; I can stick the pouches in my Azur NF pouch if I want to. I almost feel like I got a bag and accessories.

3) Similar to #2, I can remove the chain and use it as a cute clutch. I can even take out the inserts if I want to, and use a ZCP or key pouch.

4) I love the size. It can fit either of my phones (I tested it with my work iPhone w/ Otterbox case and my personal Galaxy 8, also w/ Otterbox case and both fit - not at the same time though) even with the card holder/pouch inside. This is a huge deal for me because I cannot be bothered to hand carry my phone, and I'm also very forgetful. I've lost small, handheld cameras in the past.

5) The Felicie Pochette small enough that I can toss it into a bigger purse, such as my Azur Neverfull and/or Speedy and use it as a SLG. It's similar to the Azur Pochette Accessories, but is a dressier version with pink leather that comes with the chain strap and two inserts.

6) I've been a big fan of Azur for years but only recently became brave enough to buy and use. Unlike my DA Galliera (a gift from just before it was discontinued), I don't have to worry about a plate/hardware getting scratched up, and unlike my DA Speedy and Neverfull, I don't have to worry about the vachetta. The only thing I have to be careful about is color transfer, but this is something I've yet to experience.

7) The obvious thing I like is that this is a beautiful purse. In the time it took me to inspect the floor model (and my own) and get rung up, two tourists (friends) and parents looking to purchase a birthday gift for their daughter also asked to see (and purchase!) the Felicie Pochette. I noticed that on the US website, this item sold out overnight.

8) A minor thing is that mine is Made in France. I didn't care in the past where my items are made, but I admit it was pretty neat to get one of these since most of my most recent bags were made here in the U.S.

What don't I like?

1) This is a structured bag, and I think you have to be careful about how you open it because the flaps are cornered and are fairly thin/soft, meaning they may warp over time. Also definitely a bag that may lose its shape if you regularly put heavy things on top of it, or don't store it properly.

2) You have to be careful about the pink leather getting scratched up or damaged. It is very light colored, smooth and soft with no texture, so any blemish will be obvious. Things that come to mind are nail marks, scratches, imprints, ink stains. In this way I almost wish I had gotten the Monogram or DE print, though I think the Azur/Rose is lovelier.

3) Have to be a little more careful about color transfer, but this is with any DA/light colored bags, even leather. I actually held off on buying the beige rose Gucci Disco Soho for this reason. I am very careful with my light pink Balenciaga after experiences with my old Coach bags as a teen.

4) Chain isn't adjustable, obviously an issue with all/most chains. This isn't a dealbreaker though because you can easily detach the chain and use another chain/strap if you wish, or forego the chain/strap altogether. This is also a small/light enough bag that you can probably get away with an inexpensive one from Amazon, Etsy, or Target.

Thanks for letting me share!
The bag is even prettier IRL- just saw it in the boutique yesterday. Enjoy her- she’s beautiful!!

Reactions: mrs.JC
Congrats! It is so functional. I have the Pochette Félicie in rose poudre in epi. I keep the zipper pouch in my handbag all the time with coupons and business cards and little papers in it. I also use the card portion for travel here and there. I have carried the actual pochette with the shoulder chain out before. I love that it's like getting 3 pieces in one!

Reactions: mrs.JC
Congrats! It is so functional. I have the Pochette Félicie in rose poudre in epi. I keep the zipper pouch in my handbag all the time with coupons and business cards and little papers in it. I also use the card portion for travel here and there. I have carried the actual pochette with the shoulder chain out before. I love that it's like getting 3 pieces in one!

So true! I was surprised by how little people are talking about the Felicie. I really do feel like I got a bag and accessories.

I too love the smooth leather in pink- it is a breath of fresh air compared to the usual vachetta (which I do love as well but variety is a good thing too). Enjoy- it already feels like summer looking at your pictures!

Thank you, and I agree! Azur looks way better with colored leather. I can't wait until my NF and Speedy tan.