My 2nd Tano is here...need your opinion!

kimalee

Jul 30, 2007
So far both of the Tano's I've purchased have come from Anthropologie. I've never seen them on here or anywhere else, so I have no idea what the styles or colors are called.

This one arrived today...Anthropologie calls it the Covetous Shoulderbag. It's a lovely milk chocolate brown, with a wonderful pebbly texture. The interior is lined in brown fabric and has 3 sections, the middle of which is zippered. I'm still not certain I'm going to keep it, so I need your opinions!

It's very much leather, leather, everywhere...I don't usually like tons of hardware on my bags, which is what attracted me to this one.

Here is the picture from the Anthropologie website:
attachment.php

But once I first opened the box, it was a shapeless mess:
attachment.php

It looked much better once I put things inside!
attachment.php
attachment.php

What do you ladies think? Is it too messy and unfinished looking? I have no idea how Anthropologie managed to get it so neat looking in their photo...

And here is my very first Tano, also from Anthropologie (I just never got around to posting a picture). It's kind of a mix between olive green and khaki. I looooooooooooooooove this bag and have been carrying it nonstop!
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0100.JPG
    IMG_0100.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_0101.JPG
    IMG_0101.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_0104.JPG
    IMG_0104.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 264
  • bag1.jpg
    bag1.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_0059.JPG
    IMG_0059.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 361
Doesn't quite look the same huh?

But I agree...if you love it, then keep it...the leather looks smooshy soft...and maybe let it hang with some stuff in it and see if it grows on you...

I have learned if it doesn't you are better off sending it back...

I do love your first Tano...gorgeous color!

The leather looks smooshy and lovely but it doesn't have a lot of shape to it for sure.....if you aren't 100% in love I'd send it back. It must be really stuffed in Anthro's pic.

Yeah, that brown bag looked better in the pictures than IRL. Personally, I'd send it back. The green one is really great though, it reminds me of a bag I've been debating on buying-the secret diservice which has the same shape but the straps are braided.