My $25 Bottega, and its journey to regain its beauty!!

Mar 8, 2006
I believe this is my first time to post in this section and I am thrilled to be ale to do so! I was at Buffalo Exchange today and as I was walking out the door, I spotted this bag hanging amidst all of the cheapie PVC bags. It looked out of place, and I could tell that it was certainly not on the same level as its counterparts. It's haughty manner gve me pause, and I reached out to touch it. I was welcomed by the softest, most lush leather I might have ever encountered. I zeroed in to make further discoveries, and was thrilled when I saw the nameplate. But nothing could equal the thrill of the $25 pricetag. It needs some love, but I am perfectly prepared to bestow some time and Tarrago #18 on this beauty. Today, she will start her transformation from a dingy green BV to a beautiful, black with the possibility of some studs (will see how that goes later). I will take pics of her progress.....as she is dying to show off her new self!

Attachments

• bottega 001.jpg
    bottega 001.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 533
  • bottega 002.jpg
    bottega 002.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 387
  • bottega 003.jpg
    bottega 003.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 399
No...the color doesn't transfer. I have dyed my Bbag with the same thing....no problems. I am doing this in real time...so you are seeing it as it progresses. I have been wanting a crossbody ba for a while....and for $25, this can't be beat!! I may decide to ad some studs....to give it a ittle rock n' roll edge....but waiting to decide.

These pics are of the outside of the bag....now finished. Natural sunlight....

Also, she is lined in the softest leather!!

Attachments

• bottega 006.jpg
    bottega 006.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 262
  • bottega 007.jpg
    bottega 007.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 284
  • bottega 008.jpg
    bottega 008.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 242
Finished product! I am on the fence about the studs. On one hand, I think they would look great....but on the other, it is a great simple black bag. The studs are so trendy. Opinions, please????

Attachments

• bottega 011.jpg
    bottega 011.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 312
Anne, it's beautiful! You did a wonderful job. Did the dye change the feel of the leather at all?

I agree with Mas, I'd leave the studs off. You can attach a pretty charm or leather tassel that can give it some edge, without being permanent. Maybe a charm that has some small chains incorporated into them.

Ooohhh....I like that idea!!^^^ Way less permanent!! The leather feel has changed for the minute. But in my experience with dying my bbags, as soon as I put some lotion on...it will soften right up!

Thanks Mas2388, Juda, Mintpearl, and Basicandorganic :smile: