My 2.55 musty smell

missbao

Mar 24, 2010
Dear all

I have just brought my 2.55 out from my closet and there's a musty smell ( I haven't use it for a year as it's too small for my daily usage)
I'm staying in a humid island thus probably the smell has become more obvious

I have put a bag of baking powder into the bag but when I smell on the exterior leather there's a smell as well

Do I rub the baking soda onto the exterior larger as well?

Any ideas are welcome !

Thanks

Sorry all I know this had been discussed alot, but I know how to get rid the smell internally but not externally

Mine is a double flap medium vintage 2.55 bought 5 yrs ago, but using like once per yr for CNY!

Dear all

I have just brought my 2.55 out from my closet and there's a musty smell ( I haven't use it for a year as it's too small for my daily usage)
I'm staying in a humid island thus probably the smell has become more obvious

I have put a bag of baking powder into the bag but when I smell on the exterior leather there's a smell as well

Do I rub the baking soda onto the exterior larger as well?

Any ideas are welcome !

Thanks

You could always put the baking soda plus charcoal filter along with the bag inside a plastic box which seals air tight (or an airtight plastic ziplock baggie) for a few days, so that there is a chance for the odor on the outside to be affected by the baking soda/activated charcoal. HTH. I would not rub baking soda on the outside of a bag.

Hi tutushopper!!

Thanks for coming to my rescue again!!

will leave the baking for a few days :smile:

The external smell is very strong till I can smell whiff of it when I place it on my lap :sad:

With my LV I opened the bag and sat it outside in the sunlight for about an hour. usually sunlight seems to kill musty smells, may need to do this a few times but would do this before putting anything Scented on, in or near the bag.

Thanks all for the advice

I have thought of sunning it but In a tropical island we have to take note of sudden downpour, it was raining the whole of yesterday and cloudy the whole of today

I would put in baking for a day or 2, sun for few hours when the sun is out ( hopefully tomorrow) and put in parfume bags and hopefully the smell would be gone!

:smile:

Grab a box of baking soda and place inside the bag to get rid of the smell. I don't think you should rub it on the outside. Maybe try a leather conditioner?

No chance of sunning today too ;(

I have left the baking soda in for 2 days and in the open area in my room for 2 days too, I hope by end of this week it will be better!

Attachments

• image-4238559432.jpg
    image-4238559432.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 572
No chance of sunning today too ;(

I have left the baking soda in for 2 days and in the open area in my room for 2 days too, I hope by end of this week it will be better!

I did that with my bag too, didn't help! I think exposing it to air is the best thing. I really wouldn't put any products on it!