My 1st YSL Bag--the Croc Embossed EASY bag is here...BUT!

anne1218

COFFER-next on list
O.G.
Sep 9, 2008
Hello Ladies,

So after a wk of patiently waiting for my first EASY bag to get here from NM...thanks to the TPFer for the tip...I was so excited to see the bag...so here it is...:yahoo:

Attachments

• DSC01232.JPG
    DSC01232.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 573
  • DSC01233.JPG
    DSC01233.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 168
  • DSC01234.JPG
    DSC01234.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 176
But..when I turned to other side...look at this, YSL Mod, is this normal? I can't seem to rub it to get it to the same shade/color like the rest of the bag, why/what is this? When I was on the phone with the SA, she told me the bag is perfect and I'm just so dissapointed and surprised when I saw the bag, help!

Since I got it for such a good price, I do want it, but it's not the perfect bag if you ladies know what I mean. I have the SA look up to see if she can locate me another bag but she said it's sold out thru out the company. should I keep it? I paid $600 total for the bag.

the last 2 pics are taken w/o the flash.

Attachments

• DSC01235.JPG
    DSC01235.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 565
  • DSC01236.JPG
    DSC01236.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 153
  • DSC01237.JPG
    DSC01237.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC01239.JPG
    DSC01239.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC01240.JPG
    DSC01240.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 146
wow, beautiful color!! i love the croc embossed look of this... as for the color discoloration, that's hard to tell if it's suppose to look like that or not. I would say not, to me it looks like something was spilled on it? If you're willing to keep it, you can ask the manager of the store for a further discount for damage and see what happens... if it really bothers you, then just return it. Another easy will come along soon enough.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I don't have one of these, so I am not sure whether it should look like that or not. I do tend to agree with thithi, that it does look a bit like something was spilled on it.

oh...what a shame....sorry about the stain.
if you can live with the stain..keep it if you can't...return it.
the stain is quite big to be honest....i'd return it if i were you.

thanks ladies, so I just returned it to my local NM, but they refused to refund my shipping fees of $12.95...what the heck? they sent me a damaged bag in the first place and they refused to return it, would not give any additional discounts either for the damage bag. NM customer service is horrible.

I really like the bag though, the size I found to be a little overwhelming...my mom asked if i'm traveling over night with that bag, but I love big roomy bag so that doesn't bother me at all. Now I can't wait for my new Easy, coming from SAKS, in all black leather, we'll see this time.

Congrats on the bag -- gorgeous color! Have you thought about calling a YSL store to confirm about the rubbing/stain? Maybe sending YSL a picture would help determine if it is an irregularity versus what is normal for the suede-fabric.

EDIT -- I just read that you returned it. Good luck with your search!

sorry to hear that it didn't work out, but at least you're ending up with what you wanted in the first place. i think you'll be much happier!

Please post pictures of the leather and patent easy when you get it. I saw a stock photo in the reference library and it looks really pretty. Congrats!