My 1st Ursula & need advice!

Minamiz

O.G.
Jan 25, 2010
Presenting my first MJ the Ursula Patent Bowler!!

I sweating there since this was a BIN and didn't have all the pics for authenticating but, it is real, everything is in the right place TG! :sweatdrop: The bag is in great condition.

The only issues r the 4 corners of the bottom. The leather is worn and some of the white piping has been exposed. none of this looks like it will compromise the bag but I would like to spruce it up if possible.

Any suggestions? I will also run a search too.

ursula is so gorgeous! the bowler will remain a classic.

Hmm.. not sure what you can do... if you want to try a diy, maybe some super glue and some black nail polish? I've seen the CL girls do creative stuff like that on their patent shoes

Here's the listing...do u guys really think I should ask for a partial? I mean I did photo the "worst" areas. No this "wear" wasn't disclosed and she states "good" condition but that's so subjective.............

I'm new to what u should/should not expect w/ "pre-loved" MJ bags. This is just such a grey area, no? Will it compromise the bag? How much would u ask? Don't get me wrong I have no problem w/ confronting if that's what should be done here....................TY :flowers:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220576921728&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
PS-I got free shipping.

I still love it & would really be using it for a diaper bag (I know, blasphemy huh?). I think seller is pretty good and might go for partial.

i think you should ask for a partial refund. Whenever a bag is worn down to the piping, it should always be disclosed IMO because that's significant damage. I might let the rub mark slide, but not the exposed piping.

Hey Thithi I just wrote her this:

"I just rcvd the bag and have to say that I now know why people lust after MJ!!It's lovely on the whole and thank you for the faster than fast shipping.
I write b/c I'm disappointed that the wear on the bag was not disclosed. You state/show in the listing "good" condition but actually the four corners are fairly eaten through with visible piping exposed (on 2 sides) & top layers of patent leather completely gone in varying degrees on all four.
A repair/cleaning assessment needs to be done to address the wear areas (several more smaller ones around the bag). Also the interior is rather dirty & marked up-not disclosed either.
I can send u pics. if u want to see exactly what I'm talking about. The 2nd-hand market usually charges closer to $175 for an Ursula Bowler in this condition.
I will keep the bag if u would consider a partial refund. Otherwise I will send the bag back as listing was significantly not as described as per ebay policy."

IDK but I asked for $100 back :shrugs: and have no problem opening a case w/ ebay under significantly not as described. It just sucks b/c I really like the bag but all the damage should have been disclosed period. I don't even know if a repair job could address all the issues.........

Anyway I will update on this....hope it can help others going though the same thing. Ebay is very good at refunding u STAT and providing a return shipping label if seller is not amenable. I really don't open NPS cases often but as I do sell there I know what can happen if you don't disclose. One must disclose! Also sellers can agree to cancel transactions (better for them) but they wind up paying FVF (final value fees) on listing to save their feedback as I will neg her one big time if it goes to an open case!

good job, you communicated everything well. Hopefully she'll handle this professionally. In any case, if she refuses to partially refund, then return it back... another one will pop up if you're patient.

^ thanks for the support...I guess once I got over the wonderdust of the bag unveiling I knew something just wasn't kosher. It's so great to have back-up on this forum from more experienced bag lovers!

Those BIN's r so difficult. No time for all the pics needed but now ebay is really a buyers market. Bad news for the fakers and liars.

Oh well hopefully we'll have an answer tomorrow.....................

i think you should ask for a partial refund. Whenever a bag is worn down to the piping, it should always be disclosed IMO because that's significant damage. I might let the rub mark slide, but not the exposed piping.
:yes:
i agree. the piping sticking out should be disclosed! geez - what is up with people?!

Ok update:

seller wrote back and is willing to give me $40 :sad:

"Hi! I am so sorry that you do not feel completely satisfied with my bag! I paid over 1000 for the bag, and just felt that was a reasonable price for what it is worth. If you would like I can go ahead and give you a $40.00 refund for the bag, because of the condition! I am sorry, I stated good because I felt it was in good condition with a pre-owned purse! Sorry for the miscommunication on the condition! Let me know if you would like my partial refund! =)"

What do u uys think? Should I just return??

I'm going to give her the link to this thread.................

Last edited:
^Depends on how much you like the bag, really!

If you love the bag no matter what, then of course, keep it if you think it's still worth the $$s.
If the condition bothers you to no end, then return it.

I agree. You have to make the call. There are bags that I love so much that I would take the refund and be happy. On the other hand, if I wasn't smitten with the bag OR there are tons of them out there, then I would return it. Good luck! I hope you come up with a solution that is satisfying for ya!