My 1st Treesje! Ms. Mini Asher..

Love your photos! I keep coming back to your thread! It may seem like a weird question, but how does the zippers on the outside feel? Is it rough or smooth? Does it make your shirts pill or damage your clothes? I'm also wondering if you can wear the double straps over your shoulders with a little room for the winter.

^ I have not experienced any damage to my clothes from these asher bags. They are made of lamb leather similar to the RM lamb leather. You should be safe from any pilling or dye!

Love your photos! I keep coming back to your thread! It may seem like a weird question, but how does the zippers on the outside feel? Is it rough or smooth? Does it make your shirts pill or damage your clothes? I'm also wondering if you can wear the double straps over your shoulders with a little room for the winter.

Someone did encounter a problem with that, but I don't think she ever had a solution (beyond returning the bag). Help! Asher zippers causing pilling. I'll say that I think using the shoulder strap helps take away from any risk of pilling, though, particularly depending on how you fold down the braided handles (e.g. if you fold the one closer to your body backwards, thereby adding the "buffer" space between the zippers and your clothes). HTH!

hey itzme... I haven't had any issues with this bag(zipper, color transfers,etc.)... Although it's obviously possible from what others report.. As for wearing it with the double handles, yes you can totally wear it like that BUT there is no room to spare...

Yeah, I remember that thread and don't doubt that member had issues with her Asher but I think it is not very likely to happen. I think you really have to be swinging your bag around a lot when you walk to cause this pilling, I dunno. There are a lot of members that have Ashers here and so far only the one report of pilling.

Thanks for all the replies TP, SF and LR! I saw that pilling thread a while ago and it just made me wonder if anyone else encountered the same problems.

Btw, Tarapep, did your mini asher break in yet? I'm looking at massive asher pics because mini asher pics are so limited,and I see that when ashers are broken-in the top flaps next to the zippers usually collapse and drop a little, giving the shoulders a bit more room. Some sites says the strap drop is only 6" but endless says 8". Can you confirm which one it is? I don't know if I should aim for a regular asher or a mini asher.

My bag is slightly broken in.. I know it'll get a lot smooshier in due time...
I have never measured a strap drop before but I measured from the top of the strap to the top of the bag and got 10"....